Wife’s setting up her first tank, wants sps eek

Mrfister1116

Valued Member
Reaction score
Okay so I’ve been keeping lps and softies alive for about 6 months now... obviously still very new and learning. She wants her own tank and we picked up a Red Sea max 250c it did not come with lights. It’s 22” high, 37” wide, and 22” front to back She’s varying between sps dominate and mixed reef so I’m trying to come up with lighting options that can work for either. She likes the aesthetics of the kessil(Both physician build and color) but looking at par reviews seems like even two across the 37” are not in the sps dominate par range past 6-10” ... anyone have real world experience with these a360 tuna blues on a sps dominate tank?

Is there another light/combo you’d suggest?

We are on a bit of a budget so I like the idea of like one a360 and doubling it later or maybe the reefled 90?

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Here’s a good article for you. I’d get a light where you can adjust the intensity so you can go wither way SPS or mixed reef.

saltwater60

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Mrfister1116 said:
Thanks, as an update she has looked at some mh/t5 hybrids any suggestions on these?
I much prefer LED’s. Less heat and cheaper in the long run. No bulb changes and much lower electric bills. Also less to break.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom