Why'd you pick your particular FishLore username?

prairielilly

We all use usernames on internet forums like FishLore because the internet is what it is. Some people use their real names, some list their real names as their nicknames, some prefer to remain completely anonymous. However, we all picked our certain nickname/acronym/whatever for a reason...I thought it would be interesting to start a thread where people share (if they like) why they picked the particular username for FishLore that they did, and what it means to them.

Eg. 'prairielilly' = tiger lilly, the provincial flower of the province of Saskatchewan, where I was born and raised and which will always be home in some way. And they're really pretty flowers

pinkfloydpuffer

Mine's pretty obvious.... it explains me in a nutshell. My two favorite hobbies are music/art and fishkeeping. Pink Floyd is my favorite band, puffers are my favorite fish. ;D

Nick G

Because it's my name.........

Amanda

It's my name.

treve

when I was young my grans name for me was treve as in trevor, so when I started useing computers it became my online name .

CoryMac

B/C I LOVE "Corydoras" catfish,and the "Mac" well I just threw that in there.

AquarAdvent

Well, I kept fish in a time before ammonia testing (or maybe I was just ignorant), and had to take down the 20 gallon and 10 gallon tanks. Recently, I got a betta and eventually want to set up another 20g, so AquarAdvent, as in Aquarist's Advent and my return to fishkeeping!

Tavel

my name used to be "tavelkyosoba" (still is on AIM and yahoo IM). And "ta velky osoba" is czech for "the big man" because I'm of Czech decent and was quite a porker when I originally made the name.

All the net folks always shortened it to "Tavel" anyway, so that became the new name...and I never changed it because it's so unique.

sticky fish

I have lots of plecos that stick to the glass and I love fish of all kinds...especially puffers, plecos, and pacific spiny lumpsuckers

--Sticky fish

Miriam and Joel

It's my real name too and it's pronounced Mearea a m (or so similar, I don't know how to spell it). It's a common German name. Joel is my boyfriend but I will take his name out because he's not interested in this forum He calles me a fish freak now!

shadowavenger

My name comes directly from a short story that I wrote where the main characters are a dual of demon slayers whom use the powers of the mind such as telekinesis and telepathy to combat demons. They are known as the Shadow Avengers and they defend the realm of life from the marauders of the shadow world.

angelfish220

angelfish220- angelfish are my favorite fish 220, 2-20, February 20th, my birthday.

aquatic mouse

Aquatic because I love fish keeping. Mouse because it's my nickname (I'm short )

AlyeskaGirl

Alyeska is my cats name! Who I love very much!

seedy

I got very drunk 15 years ago and its been haunting me ever since .
Some people don't even know my real name ...lol

Dozey

In school I didn’t study and seldom paid attention to teachers. Despite that I was a straight A student. Because I was so darn bored in school I tended to be a bit of a class clown. In the 7th grade that attitude earned me the nickname Dozey. Even my teachers called me Dozey. Some 30 years later my friends still call me Dozey.

bettafish2816

lol, mine is basically my name (alex gabriel, A GABR) and then some numbers

Mike19

Mike19 pretty self explanatory, I have a new user name in mind don't know if I want to change. And Alex I have always wondered what it meant thank you for sharing.

pepetj

Pepe, is a common nickname for Jose, TJ as short for my last name Teijeiro, from the days I studied English as a second language (age 7-14).

Pepe
Santo Domingo

Mike19

pepetj said:
Pepe, is a common nickname for Jose, TJ as short for my last name Teijeiro, from the days I studied English as a second language (age 7-14).

Pepe
Santo Domingo
that's my friends last name but his from Argentina

capekate

Cute thread, you always wonder where the screen names come from.
I live on Cape Cod, and my name is Kate. So hence, CapeKate.

platy ben

Because ben is my name and I had platys at the time I made my account

steve_58

I use steve_58 because my names steve and I was born in 1958.

Martinismommy

My name is the same on all the forums I belong to.... 1 of my Chihuahuas is named MartinI and I'm his Mommy! Oh, and I love apple martinis!

navyscuba

Well mine is self explanatory also. I'm in the NAVY ans I'm a Scuba Diver. So there you have it Navyscuba.

Butterfly

I love butterflies so my username for the last ....( ) or so years has been Butterfly. Just about anywhere you encounter Butterfly on the internet it's me I have butterfly stuff all around my house and my friends buy me butterfly books and I plant flowers for butterflies and birds in the spring. The butterfly in my avatar is one that was on one of my flowers and it even held still for me to take it's pic
Carol

sirdarksol

Darksol is a character from one of my favorite video games of all time: Shining Force. When I was getting my first e-mail account (Jeez, that was over a dozen years ago), Darksol was taken, so I tacked a "sir" onto the front. I use it for my log in pretty much everywhere.

Shawnie

my real name is shawn (think my mom wanted a boy) and my friends growing up (a few years ago;D ) decided to call me shawnie and it has stuck for life...

Nate McFin

Because I was feeling terribly unimaginative when I made the account I used my name...lol
That and I had just lost my username and password to a car restoration forum I visit and was all kinds of frustrated trying to get it back.
Anyway to change your username???

Butterfly

Nathan Allen said:
Anyway to change your username???
Click on My settings in the toolbar, then click My settings again. Bottom left is a choice to change your user name. If you change it let us know who you are
Carol

grump

HI there everyone I got my username from my daughter about 14 years ago she was about 3 and into snow white and I started complaining one day and she told me too stop acting like grumpy and go too bed... And so the name was born... It is in one form or another the only user name I use on everything...

prairielilly

Butterfly said:
I love butterflies so my username for the last ....( ) or so years has been Butterfly. Just about anywhere you encounter Butterfly on the internet it's me I have butterfly stuff all around my house and my friends buy me butterfly books and I plant flowers for butterflies and birds in the spring. The butterfly in my avatar is one that was on one of my flowers and it even held still for me to take it's pic
Carol
I love butterflies too Another reason to use 'prairielilly' - Butterfly was already taken...

These are great, hope they keep coming!

CHoffman

Mine is a combination of first and last name...My first name is Cescha..Pronouced allot like session but when your saying it just don't say the "n"..It was a nightmare in school.

sirdarksol

CHoffman said:
Mine is a combination of first and last name...My first name is Cescha..Pronouced allot like session but when your saying it just don't say the "n"..It was a nightmare in school.
Could be worse... You could have a Welsh name. ;D

Iron waffle

Mine's self explanatory.

hockeyref88

Well...................I played hockey for 10 years and have been a USA certified referee for the last 9 years. Its one of 2 user names I have used on the computer since I started using one over a decade ago............. The other user name I've used, and its my nickname and what my friends call me is RTD. I won't tell you what that means but if you were to use your imagination you could probably guess.

Rick

Butters

Butters is my nickname for just about everything related to the internet, video games, or anything technology related. But my friends call me everything from Ducky to Jesus (on account of my long hair.)

Nate McFin

Butterfly said:
Click on My settings in the toolbar, then click My settings again. Bottom left is a choice to change your user name. If you change it let us know who you are
Carol

Thanks for the help Butterfly! I am now awaiting my name change...new name..."Nate Mcfin" lol
I feel like a new person already!

dvc_r

"DVC” stands for "Disney Vacation Club". My wife and I bought Disney timeshare 9 years and 10 months ago… (only 2 more months to pay it off!!!!!!!) … sorry I got carried away…

MeGustaUnaPez926

MeGustaUnaPez means, directly translated, 'I like the fish'. But I think I got the whole masculine/ feminine thing mixed up... I would change it, but MeGustaUnoPez doesn't sound as good. Not to disrespect any Spanish-speaking folk out there!

Iron waffle

MeGustaUnaPez926 said:
MeGustaUnaPez means, directly translated, 'I like the fish'. But I think I got the whole masculine/ feminine thing mixed up... I would change it, but MeGustaUnoPez doesn't sound as good. Not to disrespect any Spanish-speaking folk out there!
It's actually me gusta un pez,but I do like your name better.

Minnow

Minnow is one of my nicknames in real life. My real name is Melinda, but I go by Mindy. My family calls me Minnow sometimes, and I've started using it for all of my online accounts.

Toxic

Toxic is the user name I use in all the forums I am in, Its a nickname I picked up at work. We have a service we perform to the intake system of vehicles. You are supposed to put an exhaust hose on the exhaust pipe to vent the fumes out of the building. Well I skipped the hose part a few times and low and behold, that's what they call me at the shop now. I use flaming skulls and Toxic Waste emblems for my avatars on the other forums. But that's just to make me look mean LOL....

NaCl

My last name is Sault & the chemical compound is NaCl, hence my online name. My first name is Sue & it's too hard to find a name that isn't already used or maybe I'm just not that creative. lol

this is fun getting to know a little more about all of us.

kittenface14

My bf calls me kittenface and I am programed in her phone this way and everyone just started calling me kitten or kittenface and it stuck with me on everything...hahaha and the number 14 is my lucky number and my bday.

MeGustaUnaPez926

spider_pig said:
It's actually me gusta un pez,but I do like your name better.
Oh, yeah you're right, thanks.

Iron waffle

No problem

Jupiter

My daughter named her cat Jupiter and it is a user name that is usually available.

DPmom26

Well mine is easy to figure out... fishmom is because as of the moment not having children and not sure I ever will and my fish and dogs are my children. and 26 because that was my age when I started on this forum. Am considering changing my name though was kinda not using and imagination the day I made this.

KyWildFish

My name is a play on my University's Mascot. I went to the University of Kentucky and am a huge fan of anything sports related. I spent a lot of time in school there so its hard not to bleed blue. The school's mascot was a wildcat, but wildfish seemed more appropriate for this site. I go by Kicksmile67, just about anywhere else. Its a completely random name generated by a computer game years ago, the number is the year of my car.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom