why Question

1. liftedlincoln Initiate Member

does anyone know why my inverts are ok but any fish i put in the tank are dying i had 2 clowns for 1 year and they suddenly died now any fish i put in there are dying i have put 2 sets of dominos in and they boyh died i even broke the tank down and still only inverts are living no fish......:mad: please help.oh water tests are fine

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Lifted. If you would be so kind as to fill out your aquarium information in your profile it will be a big help to others. Click on "my settings" in the blue bar above and in the drop down box click on "edit aquarium information".
    Thanks!
    Ken

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore :)
    I'm sorry about your fish :(
    I don't know SW, but several members do so I'm sure someone will be able to help.

If you could fill in your aquarium info (found umder My Setting at the top left), it'll help the members know more about your set up.
    All info is important to giving accurate information.
    Thanks!
    :;tmnt Ken lol

4. ATP Well Known Member Member

mot to be rude,but instead of saying water test are fine,

can you list the test kit, what test are you checking, what's the results, how many times do you test within a certain period etc.

All so,
    have you been dosing anything? For example, iodine, iodide, and other reef supplements?

5. MizRamzi Well Known Member Member

How are you acclimating your new fishes? How soon after you put them in do they die?

6. liftedlincoln Initiate Member

these where not new fish they where in there for a long period but now any fish i put in there last about 2 days they turn like a light color first than they die....i accumulate for aprox 2 hours than do the adding a little water at a time...the test kit is an aquarium pharm solution kit where you add the drops to the vials i do ph ,nitrate ,nitrite and ammonia....:( and its a 30 gallon with a protien skimmer also.........

7. reefdude Member Member

Is your water temperature ok? If All tests are good and fish are just dying off but the inverts are ok there may be some kind of bacteria in the water. Like the others said, if you post your tank parameters it will help others diagnose what may be the issue. In the meantime, I would do a healthy sized water change and retest. What do you feed them by the way?

8. Naeusu Member Member

What kind of inverts do you have? You may simply have something in your tank that is releasing toxins and killing your fish. It could be something as small as a sponge or possibly a coral (they do release toxins as they die) or some other thing you've over looked.

If your water is not out of whack temperature wise and all your levels are coming out in acceptable ranges then take a closer look at what you have in the tank. Inspect all your rock for anything you may not recognize.

Also, it could be sabotage. Check your sand/gravel/w/e for things like pennies or something that might have fallen into the tank. It might also be something annoying like accidentally putting your hands in the tank without rinsing your hands first and putting soap or cleaning chemical remnants in your tank.

9. liftedlincoln Initiate Member

the temp is at 79 degrees ..it has a feather duster, pencil urchin,anenome,seabritlle star,and a chocolate chip star no corals at all.....and i did do 3 water changes already i also took the tank all the way down and restarted like new......could one of the inverts possibly be holding something and if it is bacteria doing it is there something to treat the tank with...thanks .....john

i also noticed like white patches on the back of the tank wall inside they are like little less than dime sized white circle looking ....not sure if thats anything but i posted just incase it is......

:animal0068:Hello. There is an "Edit" key at the bottom of every post that you can use when you haven't gotten any responses to your posts. Too, you can use it for corrections. It helps to save some space. :) I've merged your two posts.
    Thanks!
    Ken

10. ATP Well Known Member Member

What are your water parameters for nitrate, ph, and ammonia?

If you restart completely new, than it might be that your tank is still cycling.

11. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi liftedlincoln I see members are having to ask a ton of questions.

Please fill in your aquarium info. It would make this thread go more smoothly for you and the members trying to help you.

Thank you. I hope things get better for your tank :)

12. Naeusu Member Member

As far as I know Feather Dusters, brittle sea stars, and chocolate sea stars are all non poisonous. However, your urchin (based on the stuff i was able to dig up) runs from being mildly venomous to poisonous...sometimes I hate the internet since no one can seem to agree. Your anemone, depending on what kind it is, also has the ability to sting your fish which could potentially kill them depending on the species, size, and placement in the tank.

13. reefdude Member Member

Naeusu has an excellent point on the anemone. This is one of the reasons I do not have one in my tank, even though I have a clown.