Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Why You Can Not Trust A Photograph.

Discussion in 'Misc. Photos' started by Thunder_o_b, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

It is the photographer you must be able to trust.

1. The original photo.

2. After an hour of post processing work. The problem is this was done during my phase of not keeping records on how I did things so each photograph was new....Bad move. I have no idea how I got rid of the reflections on the curved glass.

3. The scene.

3. I knew there was a great shot hiding there so I waited. Several months later I captured this.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  2. Nikki2577 Well Known Member Member

The first picture is stunning and the second picture was certainly worth the time spent watching that spot. Beautiful!

3. Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

Thank you Nikki :)

4. Nikki2577 Well Known Member Member

Your very welcome. I enjoy all your photography it always brightens my day.[ ]

5. Pescado_Verde Well Known Member Member

What you were able to do with that first picture is pretty amazing to me. I'm new to digital photography and the whole post processing game is an entirely separate skill. I grew up shooting film, mostly black and white because who could afford color, lol. So I kinda know how to use a camera old school style but seeing what can be done with digital is a bit mind boggling. Nice work as always!

6. Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

Thank you Pescado_Verde :)
    Being an old school photographer has very serious advantages. Film teaches you to really learn your craft inside and out. You learn to make every shot count because it took a week to see the results, and as you mentioned the cost for most of us was significant. Even with digital (I switched over 10 years ago) I take 1-3 shots (left over from film bracketing) to get what I am looking for.

But do I miss film? Not in the slightest.

My interest is in the image not the format. Digital will be replaced in time and if I am still able to hold a camera I will move to the new format.

I wish you happy shooting :)

7. Elkwatcher Valued Member Member

What do you like to edit with Thunder.. I'm a Lightroom/Affinity girl. That is incredible PP on your glass!

8. Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

Thank you Elkwatcher :)

The last several years I have been using iPhoto on my iMac and CS5 with Topaz plugins. But the last couple of OS upgrades left most of the plugins in operable. But the de-noise from Topaz still works.

9. Elkwatcher Valued Member Member

iphoto has improved alot in the years, I use it as my back up library. Good to know about the plugin's.... oh and I still use old Nik software.

10. Pescado_Verde Well Known Member Member

Being new to digital I haven't made a foray into the post processing world yet. For the last 20 or so years I've used a free photo editor, IrfanView, to tweak any picture that I might have needed to crop etc...

Another forum I belong to has a photography discussion and Lightroom has been suggested along with a couple of other subscription based suites. I did download Nikon's NX-D the other night and have been messing with it a little bit and viewing some videos on the subject. Still a baby though. :)

Regarding images and how they are captured, I may eventually come to like digital but film will always hold a special place for me. The idea of dissolving some chemicals and coating a film with them that when exposed to light will capture an image? That's pretty cool. No batteries required! Just a guy and a camera, out in the wild, Ansel Adams style. Well, until you got into the dark room and needed electricity to print from the exposed film. :)

Anyway, is there a general photography discussion on here? I'd probably read it if there were.