Why wont my new red cherry shrimp eat????

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Nieveso, Apr 21, 2012.

1. NievesoNew MemberMember

Hey my red cherry shrimp i got yesterday wouldnt eat my flake food this moorning so to day i went out and got them some algee pellets their old owners fed them and they wouldnt eat that eitheir, why???? and thay have shedded alot today is that a reason not to be eating??? :;batmanBatman FTW!!!!!

2. bassbonediva

bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

They're probably a bit stressed from the move. Give them a few days to settle in and then try feeding them again. They won't die if they don't eat every day. Trust me. :)

3. OP
    OP
    N

NievesoNew MemberMember

I learnt to trust nobody especially those closest to you......... so you should be fine i trust you then but still abit worried :D

4. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Check your water parameters as shrimp do not tolerate waste. Do daily water changes and remove uneaten foods before they pollute the tank.

Otherwise give them a few days to adjust.

5. OP
    OP
    N

NievesoNew MemberMember

ok that will be hard as all my filters are in occupied tanks and i splt the huge algee pellet into mini pieces around the tank and they keep crapping everywhere sooo stressing!!!!!

6. LadayenValued MemberMember

Well if the shrimp is "shedding" or molting it wont eat. It will likely also hide for a day or two and you wont see it.

7. OP
    OP
    N

NievesoNew MemberMember

oh lol there are like 5 skins in there

8. OP
    OP
    N

NievesoNew MemberMember

can u give me some help with my other threads????????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice