Why wont my new red cherry shrimp eat????

1. N

Nieveso New Member Member

Hey my red cherry shrimp i got yesterday wouldnt eat my flake food this moorning so to day i went out and got them some algee pellets their old owners fed them and they wouldnt eat that eitheir, why???? and thay have shedded alot today is that a reason not to be eating??? :;batmanBatman FTW!!!!!

2. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

They're probably a bit stressed from the move. Give them a few days to settle in and then try feeding them again. They won't die if they don't eat every day. Trust me. :)

3. OP
    OP
    N

I learnt to trust nobody especially those closest to you......... so you should be fine i trust you then but still abit worried :D

4. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Check your water parameters as shrimp do not tolerate waste. Do daily water changes and remove uneaten foods before they pollute the tank.

Otherwise give them a few days to adjust.

5. OP
    OP
    N

ok that will be hard as all my filters are in occupied tanks and i splt the huge algee pellet into mini pieces around the tank and they keep crapping everywhere sooo stressing!!!!!

6. L

Ladayen Valued Member Member

Well if the shrimp is "shedding" or molting it wont eat. It will likely also hide for a day or two and you wont see it.

7. OP
    OP
    N

oh lol there are like 5 skins in there

8. OP
    OP
    N

can u give me some help with my other threads????????