Why Rosy barbs are swollen?

Mickiemas
Who's is my female Rosy barbs this swollen. It's not eggs so what could cause it to swell up this much? I have 6 others and they are ok.
FJIMG_20200226_183454.jpg

FJIMG_20200226_183501.jpg

WhiskeyGinger
How sure are you shes not pregnant?

CichlidJynx
Mickiemas said:
Who's is my female Rosy barbs this swollen. It's not eggs so what could cause it to swell up this much? I have 6 others and they are ok.
FJIMG_20200226_183454.jpg

FJIMG_20200226_183501.jpg
She looks pretty gravid, I’ve never personally kept them so I could be wrong

kallililly1973
Definitely looks pregnant unless she’s the first one to the top for feeding time and could b bloated... maybe try to fast them for a day or two... keep an eye on her to see if she has any bowel movements. If not then maybe try a deshelled pea

CichlidJynx
Spirulina foods will also help with bowel movements

Mickiemas
No she's not gravid. I bread them out last week and even then nine of them were this swollen. She's still swimming around but not as active as the others. If you notice all of her is swollen not just her belly area

CichlidJynx
Mickiemas said:
No she's not gravid. I bread them out last week and even then nine of them were this swollen. She's still swimming around but not as active as the others. If you notice all of her is swollen not just her belly area
How is she when you feed? Is she quick to eat or very lethargic?

Mickiemas
CichlidJynx said:
How is she when you feed? Is she quick to eat or very lethargic?
I haven't fed her since I only noticed today

chromedome52
The body color does look a little pale. At first glance I also thought she was just full of eggs, but with a closer look I could see the problem you speak of. It also looks like the scales might be starting to stick out a bit, perhaps pineconing. I would isolate for certain, just to be safe. It could simply be bloating, or it could be internal parasites, either one causing Dropsy (which is a symptom, not a disease in itself).

Top Bottom