Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
King o´ Angelfish submitted a new resource:

Why Planted Tanks Are Better - Find out why planted tanks

Why Planted Tanks Are Better

By: King o´ Angelfish

Owning a planted tank will benefit the owner in many ways. Planted tanks have so many peaceful features, a person could sit and stare at it and lose track of time. A planted tank will give a home an entire new look, this display will illuminate the home with a beautiful, underwater creation. Planted tanks are a superior choice over non-planted tanks. A planted tank is the prime decision because it is a more...
Read more about this resource...

HarryPotter

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Better than reefs? You’re funny!!!

cadd

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HarryPotter said:
Where did he mention planted tanks are better than reef tanks in his article? Where was Saltwater ever mentioned?

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
cadd said:
Where did he mention planted tanks are better than reef tanks in his article? Where was Saltwater ever mentioned?
I didn’t see it mentioned either. I suspect he simply read the title and got triggered, automatically assuming something else.

HarryPotter

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
cadd said:
I mean fish only for Freshwater or Saltwater vs having corals or plants are really the same arguments.

scarface said:
I didn’t see it mentioned either. I suspect he simply read the title and got triggered, automatically assuming something else.
Guilty as charged

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HarryPotter said:
I mean fish only for Freshwater or Saltwater vs having corals or plants are really the same arguments.
Can you reword that? I read it like 6 times and I'm still confused .

ralph113

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HarryPotter said:
I think it just depend on the person. I like freshwater planted tanks more than reefs. it calms me more than reef tanks

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m trying to do a planted tank. Right now the 55 gallon is cycling. It’s at 0.25-.5 ammonia right now.

Once it starts to grow I can’t wait to see how it turns out. Hoping for the best.

FishGuyGeoff

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do the plants get caught in the filter a lot or any other problems with them?

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
geoff devore said:
Do the plants get caught in the filter a lot or any other problems with them?
Rooted plants will usually stay rooted unless a fish uproot them and they may end up caught in the filter. I have not have that problem. If leaves come off the plant, they will get stuck in the filter intake. Floating plants are more likely to get stuck in the intake or be pushed down by the outflow and then float up and then back down over and over.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads