Why is this so much $$$$ cant you make this your self?

matt6765
I was looking on DFS and saw this can you just use a floating breeder trap? I mean look at the pic for small..... it looks like my breeder trap so when I get a Saltwater aquarium could I just use that?

navyscuba
I saw a video on you tube where the guy was actually making them. It was easy.

matt6765
The small is like 40$ and it looks like my breeder trap for 5$ is there any thing special about it?

cerianthus
matt6765 said:
The small is like 40$ and it looks like my breeder trap for 5$ is there any thing special about it?
Hello! Young Buffalonian. You are absolutely right. Try searching for Lee's product. a hanging plastic container. Lfs used them to hold fish when they net out fish to sell/bag.. I believe they come in either 2 or 3 sizes. Those suction cups won't be suction cup with time. And they probably will charge arm and a leg for a replacement suction cups. LOL!

Once you find the Lee's Product, I am confident you will know what to do with it when you study the one on sale for $40. I bet you can/will even make it better. LMK if need little help.

matt6765
cerianthus said:
Hello! Young Buffalonian. You are absolutely right. Try searching for Lee's product. a hanging plastic container. Lfs used them to hold fish when they net out fish to sell/bag.. I believe they come in either 2 or 3 sizes. Those suction cups won't be suction cup with time. And they probably will charge arm and a leg for a replacement suction cups. LOL!

Once you find the Lee's Product, I am confident you will know what to do with it when you study the one on sale for $40. I bet you can/will even make it better. LMK if need little help.
ok I will

Lucy
It looks like a kritter keeper. Could you use one of those and drill holes in it?

matt6765
Lucy said:
It looks like a kritter keeper. Could you use one of those and drill holes in it?
hmmm.... I wonder???

cerianthus
Try Lee's Aquarium & Pet Products in aq accessories. There are at least four different size avail. Think. I am you can come up with good modification, even one with small pump.

God Night Young Man. I think It's getting too late although it's Summer Vacation.

matt6765
cerianthus said:
Try Lee's Aquarium & Pet Products in aq accessories. There are at least four different size avail. Think. I am you can come up with good modification, even one with small pump.

God Night Young Man. I think It's getting too late although it's Summer Vacation.
ok good night will give it a look

matt6765
I looked..... would this one work?

harpua2002
It wouldn't work the way the one on DFS would. There are slots in the bottom; this would prevent you from keeping sand in it. I believe this is what cerianthus was telling you about:

If you are considering this project for a Biocube, it may be easier just to convert one of the back chambers to a fuge with a waterproof LED light. I've seen DIY plans for this... I'll see what I can dig up.

matt6765
Oh ok they sell those at my LFS for 5 buck

Latest threads

Top Bottom