Why Is One Fish Skinny? Pictures Included!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by kah30092, Apr 20, 2017.

1. kah30092Valued MemberMember

Hey everyone,
    So all of my fish get fed every day except Wednesdays. I came home today after not seeing them since Tuesday morning, and I noticed one of my harlequin rasboras seem skinnier than usual. The tank has:
    3x nerite snails
    6x ghost shrimp
    7x celestial pearl danio
    1x panda cory
    5x peppered cory
    7x harlequin rasboras
    in a 20 gallon long with an AC50.
    I included pictures, does anyone see anything wrong with him visually? What should I do with him? He ate when I fed them today.

Attached Files:

2. Tyler FishmanValued MemberMember

Is its ware normal? It may be infected with an internal parasite

3. kah30092Valued MemberMember

It's ware?

4. FishL:))Well Known MemberMember

Can you give us your water parameters?

5. Tyler FishmanValued MemberMember

Oops typo I forgot what I said

6. WhitewolfWell Known MemberMember

I use to freak out and say "FISH TB, INTERNAL PARASITES, DESTROY IT QUICKLY"
    But to be honest, you see this kind of thing alot, even in petstores, it can be from no food and stressful journey from fish farm to wholesaler, and then petstore, and most commerical pond grown fish have already been de-wormed/parasited before being sold to the store.
    In fact, TB is just something that most fish are gonna be exposed to at some point and time, and although it can be contagious and you dont want to buy a skinny fish, its not really something to overly stress about.
    You will often see flat bellied skinny goldfish at the store, and ive been told by experts that alot of them just havent been fed enough, have a virus, or need to be treated again with gut-parasite/wormer medications. (having already had it most of their lives)
    A more sure sign of TB is a curved spine and open red sores.
    I think your fishey looks fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice