Why is my Zebra Danio so fat?

FreshwaterFins99

Reaction score
I have a zebra danio that looks just like that. He has been like it for a while and the rest of them look normal. I don’t know what it is but it looks kinda funny! :D

After taking a closer look at the pictures mine is a little skinnier than that. Does yours behave normally? Mine swims around with the rest of the school and acts completely normal.

Jdk246

Reaction score
it looks to me like its carrying some eggs! nothing to worry about unless the other danios all look the same which means that you are probably overfeeding in that case.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That fish is bloated or constipated, but it's not full of eggs. They don't get anywhere near that big from eggs.

Willj626

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That danio looks like it's expecting some eggs soon. I don't think I've ever seen a danio fat like that from food.

OP
L

LSFISH1

Reaction score
FreshwaterFins99 said:
I have a zebra danio that looks just like that. He has been like it for a while and the rest of them look normal. I don’t know what it is but it looks kinda funny! :D

After taking a closer look at the pictures mine is a little skinnier than that. Does yours behave normally? Mine swims around with the rest of the school and acts completely normal.
It behaves normal and swims with the school

OP
L

LSFISH1

Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Thats bloat. Looking on how fat the fish is across you can assume it goes much farther down as well. Eggy females do get fat, but not to this extent.
What can I do to get rid of their bloat?

New Threads