Why is my Monte Carlo melting?

PlantedCommunityTank132

I added Monte Carlo to this cycling tank about two weeks ago, and it started melting a few days ago. I'm adding co2, temp is 22-23 C.is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_7988.JPG
    IMG_7988.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7989.JPG
    IMG_7989.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7990.JPG
    IMG_7990.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 7

Rye3434

Pretty normal i find for tc plants for me at least

dcutl002

A lot of plants are grown emmersed and die back when submerged in water. Just keep the lighting and CO2 going and they should bounce back.

PlantedCommunityTank132

Pretty normal i find for tc plants for me at least
okay. do you mean tropica? sorry if this is a dumb question
A lot of plants are grown emmersed and die back when submerged in water. Just keep the lighting and CO2 going and they should bounce back.
okay. what's the best amount of hours for the lights to be on?

Nopsu

6 hours total minimum for photosynthesis I'd say

PlantedCommunityTank132

Nopsu

12 hours, if you have fish or so, they need to rest too. Most have 8-10h lighting period, some keep 2-4 hours break in the middle (like walstad method). All tanks are different tho so i cant tell exactly what is best for you.

PlantedCommunityTank132

12 hours, if you have fish or so, they need to rest too. Most have 8-10h lighting period, some keep 2-4 hours break in the middle (like walstad method). All tanks are different tho so i cant tell exactly what is best for you.
okay. my timer starts at 9:00am and ends at 5:00 pm. I just wasn't sure if the plants were melting because they didnt have lights for long enough

Blacksheep1

Very typical for Monte Carlo. Give it time and try not to move it , c02 will help a lot with this specific plant. It’s been 6 months for mine and it’s just started to creep outwards but it is a lot light set up so I expected that

PlantedCommunityTank132

Very typical for Monte Carlo. Give it time and try not to move it , c02 will help a lot with this specific plant. It’s been 6 months for mine and it’s just started to creep outwards but it is a lot light set up so I expected that
okay. thanks :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Kribensis27
Replies
Views
aussieJJDude
Replies
Views
Rye3434