Why Is My Fish Eye Cloudy

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by JasonUT801, Jun 13, 2018.

1. JasonUT801

JasonUT801New MemberMember

I picked up a couple of Cichlids and noticed one had cloudy eyes after I put it with my other fish. The guy I got it from said he didn't have time to care for them and neglect them for a couple of weeks. 20180613_200350.jpg20180613_200336.jpg20180613_193224.jpg

2. GettinTanked

GettinTankedValued MemberMember

Are you familiar with quarantining? When you can do it, it's a good idea for new fish before you get them. It's also good for fish that you notice might have an illness (like this one). There are solutions for easy quarantining all over this site if you need tips.

Since a variety of things can cause cloudy eye, you can't really treat it until you see more symptoms unfortunately. I would just observe for now. If conditions were bad before, the fish may be able to fight it in your new (clearly improved) conditions. I would just be concerned about it spreading to your other fish.

3. Obi3ice

Obi3iceValued MemberMember

Treat with antibiotics. It was maybe lacking some vitamin A in its diet. Also poor water quality. The guy you got it from said it didn’t have time to take care of it.

Also I would advise you quarantine as @getting tanked said.

4. Dch48

Dch48Well Known MemberMember

Some fish, Bettas in particular, can develop cataracts when they get older. There is nothing you can do about it if that's the case. Do you know how old the fish is?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice