Why Is My Canister Filter Doing This?

Noah F.
I have a canister set up and it seems like it won’t match the water intake with the output

Attachments

• 1638C7E1-09B3-4AF5-A3EE-460355036717.jpeg
    1638C7E1-09B3-4AF5-A3EE-460355036717.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 94
Wraithen
Are you talking about what appears to be air in the line? That should clear out relatively quickly with the filter on. Most canisters pump after the filtration, but its not really possible to mis match the water as it's basically a closed system. What goes out, must come in. Is there possible an air leak in the line there? What model canister? How did you go about priming it?

Noah F.
The
Are you talking about what appears to be air in the line? That should clear out relatively quickly with the filter on. Most canisters pump after the filtration, but its not really possible to mis match the water as it's basically a closed system. What goes out, must come in. Is there possible an air leak in the line there? What model canister? How did you go about priming it?
It is a marineland c360. I’ve set up canisters before and usually the problem resolved itself but this time it’s for a dentist office and it’s been a week and the problem still hasn’t resolved itself either. I primed it exactly how the instructions said by pressing the button and starting the suction as such

leftswerve
If that is the intake, then you have air getting in (the picture looks like a prime spot for an air leak)

Noah F.
If that is the intake, then you have air getting in (the picture looks like a prime spot for an air leak)
What should be my course of action

leftswerve
If your canister is running fine, but there is a little air in the intake line, then check the intake side for leaks. Most noteably, that hose connection looks sloppy, clean it up (equalize the hose seat) and reclamp it.
If your canister is not running fine, then you have another issue or resolution to the issue.

Wraithen
Ensure the connections are airtight. Other than that, it would be too weak if a pump/defective unit

Noah F.
If your canister is running fine, but there is a little air in the intake line, then check the intake side for leaks. Most noteably, that hose connection looks sloppy, clean it up (equalize the hose seat) and reclamp it.
If your canister is not running fine, then you have another issue or resolution to the issue.
Thank you!

Noah F.
Ensure the connections are airtight. Other than that, it would be too weak if a pump/defective unit
Thank you!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cichlidude
  • Poll
Replies
Views
Pescado_Verde
Replies
Views
FishDin