Why Is My Betta Nest Disappearing

Levinofish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 30 gallon tank with a betta Thursdays I saw a bubble nets. This weekend I was going to my aunt and wen I came back the nest was gone can someone help me and tell me what happened. And my females have horizontal strips what does this mean ? I heard that it means they are stressed what cude this mean

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is an indication to the male that she is ready to breed. As far as the bubble nest... If your lid is not sealed there's not enough humidity to keep the bubbles from popping. Try putting a piece of stirafom in so he can build the nest under it.

Levinofish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That is an indication to the male that she is ready to breed. As far as the bubble nest... If your lid is not sealed there's not enough humidity to keep the bubbles from popping. Try putting a piece of stirafom in so he can build the nest under it.
I did the cup ting and this was it tuseday
9b515c18b62dd740b7c35ccb879e781b.jpg

Today
f729fe583b7462e564c7e96926233922.jpg

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I never tried a cup. I use a flat piece. Does your filter provide too much surface agitation?

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Vertical stripes mean she is willing to breed, horizontal are stress stripes which is not good when trying to breed.
He may have stopped tending it, bubbles don't last forever, how humid is the tank? This might also cause popage.
Why do you have them in a 30 gallon? Something smaller is better to try and breed in (I use a 5 gallon tub filled halfway for breeding).

Levinofish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Any update? Did he rebuild his nest?
I dont know im going to look tomorrow wen im home

Vertical stripes mean she is willing to breed, horizontal are stress stripes which is not good when trying to breed.
He may have stopped tending it, bubbles don't last forever, how humid is the tank? This might also cause popage.
Why do you have them in a 30 gallon? Something smaller is better to try and breed in (I use a 5 gallon tub filled halfway for breeding).
What can I do to get ride of the stress

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom