Why Is My Betta Nest Disappearing

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Levinofish, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Levinofish

Levinofish Valued Member Member

I have a 30 gallon tank with a betta Thursdays I saw a bubble nets. This weekend I was going to my aunt and wen I came back the nest was gone can someone help me and tell me what happened. And my females have horizontal strips what does this mean ? I heard that it means they are stressed what cude this mean

2. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

That is an indication to the male that she is ready to breed. As far as the bubble nest... If your lid is not sealed there's not enough humidity to keep the bubbles from popping. Try putting a piece of stirafom in so he can build the nest under it.

3. OP
    OP
    Levinofish

I did the cup ting and this was it tuseday [​IMG]

Today [​IMG]

4. Dave125g

I never tried a cup. I use a flat piece. Does your filter provide too much surface agitation?

5. OP
    OP
    Levinofish

6. Dave125g

The bubbles must have just popped.

7. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Vertical stripes mean she is willing to breed, horizontal are stress stripes which is not good when trying to breed.
    He may have stopped tending it, bubbles don't last forever, how humid is the tank? This might also cause popage.
    Why do you have them in a 30 gallon? Something smaller is better to try and breed in (I use a 5 gallon tub filled halfway for breeding).

8. Dave125g

Any update? Did he rebuild his nest?

9. OP
    OP
    Levinofish

I dont know im going to look tomorrow wen im home

What can I do to get ride of the stress

10. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Separate, keep her in a comfortable area by herself until she can calm down. Gently reintroduce where she cannot be touched but she can see out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice