Why is my Angelfish so afraid of the net???

SomyaValecha

My angelfish are breeding again and I had to remove the male angelfish because I thought he was trying to eat the eggs. I pulled out my net and tried to move him to the other side of the divider and he started freaking out. He even buried himself into the sand trying to get away from the net. Why is he so scared? My other angelfish aren't as scared as him.

smalli

SomyaValecha said:
My angelfish are breeding again and I had to remove the male angelfish because I thought he was trying to eat the eggs. I pulled out my net and tried to move him to the other side of the divider and he started freaking out. He even buried himself into the sand trying to get away from the net. Why is he so scared? My other angelfish aren't as scared as him.
Most fish see the net as danger like they are going to be moving again Why dont you move the eggs and not the fish?

SomyaValecha

smalli said:
Most fish see the net as danger like they are going to be moving again Why dont you move the eggs and not the fish?
The eggs are on the aquarium glass so I can't move them :/ Also, I've tried to remove them from the angelfish multiple times but they always die if I remove them before the wiggler stage (since I don't have methylene blue).
smalli said:
Is there anyway I could make the angelfish more comfortable with the net? I don't use the net often but when I have to my angelfish is always really scared.

A201

Buy a net made with red mesh.
The fish apparently don't see the red as easily as the blues & greens of most aquarium nets.
I don't have any scientific backing, just observations from my experiences.

SomyaValecha

A201 said:
Buy a net made with red mesh.
The fish apparently don't see the red as easily as the blues & greens of most aquarium nets.
I don't have any scientific backing, just observations from my experiences.
ok I'll definitely try that, thanks for the advice

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom