Why Ia There Snails In My Tank?

April Shannon

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 29 gal tank every thing died except a donation molly and she had babies about a week ago I moved her into another tank with another molly now I notice there is baby snails in my tank with the baby mollies where they come from I didn't carry them any fish or plants??

Fia

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have two snails of my own, and sometimes they disappear to. How big is your tank and how heavily planted is it? Because the more planted it is the harder it is to fine them. My offen go to the surface for air and I can see them because they are in a area were my line of view cannot see unless I look from a different angle. There should be no way your snails got out unless you have no hood or there is a opening in your hood. You just got to look harder

Jake Miller

Reaction score
April Shannon said:
I have a 29 gal tank every thing died except a donation molly and she had babies about a week ago I moved her into another tank with another molly now I notice there is baby snails in my tank with the baby mollies where they come from I didn't carry them any fish or plants??
When you by plants there eggs can be carried on the plants.

April Shannon

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I didn't buy any plants or put anything else in the tank i have had Molly's in it always by its ok now I did a watr change an got them out and moved babies to 10 gal tank u sad cover filter up with coffee filter is it still going to filter the water that way for doesn't seem to be doing anything .

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom