Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Why I Will Never Buy A Tetra Whisper Iq Filter Again

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Filters' started by BettaFishKeeper4302, Jan 24, 2019.

1. BettaFishKeeper4302Well Known MemberMember

So i went through 2 of these filters. If you fill them over the waterline they croak and stop working. Why the heck would a company like tetra design a faulty filter like this? Who knows. But i think they should change the name to "dumb filter". Do NOT buy this filter. Once you do, you will regret it and be just as disappointed as i am. I really want to swear right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2019
  2. SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

Uuuhhh are you sure that was the problem?? What did it do when you filled it full??? But regardless, I would not buy one, I am a solid aquaclear/fluval fan!!?!

3. BettaFishKeeper4302Well Known MemberMember

So it was running fine, the tank wasn't filled up all the way, so i filled it up, and as soon as i did it stopped working, i still have it plugged in and its not running.

4. saddleupjepValued MemberMember

I have only ever used the tetra whispers. I've had 4 in 3 different sizes and I've never had a problem.
    (I know this is an old thread but people read them in search)

5. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

I also have a bunch of whisper filters... I also came across this as a "newer" reply thread.
    I have those filters almost always filled above the top of them in some of my tanks just because they sit too low and not flush to the tank.
    They've never quit working unless there's no water in the tank, or something stuck in the impeller...
    I'm almost positive a water level would never affect the way an impeller runs unless it's the lack of one.
    But if you found another filter that works better when you fill the tank up higher than the filter level, then I suppose you have a right to have your preference innwhat you use, but personally I'm not sure you can blame the company.
    I think maybe the impeller just got caught. But it can never hurt to get a higher quality filter, that's for sure.