Why does Ich only seem to be impacting certain fish?

Nianichole

So, I am battling Ich. Currently treating with Ich-X. I have had one casualty My large candy cane tetra.

I am wondering why certain fish in my tank seem to be struggling more than others. The Ich began on my RL pleco and spread. It was on my ember tetras and lemon tetras about a day, but once the spores fell off, they haven't returned. My Kuhli Loaches haven't had any Ich at all that I've seen, which seems odd since they're at the bottom closest to all the erupting parasites.

On the other hand, my candy cane tetras and my pleco are covered and I'm not sure if my remaining candy cane will make it.

I'm just wondering why it seems to impact certain fish so hard while others get over it quickly or are completely fine...

BigManAquatics

My theory is it is stress related. The more stressed out a fish is, the easier it can attach. Just my thoughts, though.

Upvote 0

Nianichole

My theory is it is stress related. The more stressed out a fish is, the easier it can attach. Just my thoughts, though.

I'm sure the CC Tetras are stressed because there aren't enough of them... But I can't really put more in there until the Ich is gone... Is there anything else I can do to help?

I'm not sure why the pleco would be stressed... Water is good, there are multiple cave options, and there's driftwood...

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I'm sure the CC Tetras are stressed because there aren't enough of them... But I can't really put more in there until the Ich is gone... Is there anything else I can do to help?

I'm not sure why the pleco would be stressed... Water is good, there are multiple cave options, and there's driftwood...
Might be stressed because had it the longest. You can try turning up the temp to speed up the lifecycle of the ich parasite. To about 85-86.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nianichole
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Julesvee
  • Question