why do my fish spit out their food Question 

Nate41590

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
just as the title says. why do they do this? the clown does it the most. and the damsels also do it sometimes. it really annoys me because it will be the first feeding they have had and they will do it. when i know they are hungry. It seems to happen most with the Instant Ocean omni. pellets

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do they eat it right back up again or just leave it? If it's the former, fish will do that to soften up the food a bit. If it's the latter, I'd try another food.

-Lisa

locoyo386

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nate41590 said:
just as the title says. why do they do this? the clown does it the most. and the damsels also do it sometimes. it really annoys me because it will be the first feeding they have had and they will do it. when i know they are hungry. It seems to happen most with the Instant Ocean omni. pellets
They might not like that type of pellets, I use new life spectrum and they love it. They also so that spitting out thing, but then they suck right back in. They do that to soften the pellet and then they finally eat it, not sure if your fish are doing that or not. If they are doing that then try to soke the pellets in water for a couple of minutes before giving it to them.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My fish seem to do that to make the size of the food more manageable.

locoyo386

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's a good point to. Sometimes they do that because the pellet is too big for them, thanks for mentining that.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads