Why do my blue dream shrimps keep dying???

11panos04

Hey all.I recently bought ,many blue dreams.The breeder had them in r.o. water.I drip acclimated them with 1,5 drop/sec till the water in bucket was 3 times the initial volume.I brought them here last saturday,and till now 3 adult females have died...Why is that?I feed hs aqua micro pellets every other day, for 2 times,and then 1 day vegetables,with one day nothing in the middle.The water parameters are:

ammonia 0
oxygen ok
nitrate between 0 and 10
ph 6,8
kh 6-10
dh >7

richiep

Loosing 3 out of many is totally acceptable and I wouldn't worry, saying that we know that adult shrimp don't like change and are susceptible to dying either in transit or shortly after acclamation, always try and get young shrimp where possible, some like to take adults hoping they are berried then it backfires

11panos04

Αnother died,male...I did a w.c. this morning,i change a little,3-4lts of a total 27lt(hardscape included)...Should i change more...less...???

11panos04

Another died today,things got out of hand...

Blacksheep1

Can you start taking photos of them ? If they die try and get the clearest photo you can before removing them from the tank. I don’t think you’re having parasite issues or anything , it just helps to see what might be going on.

11panos04

And an other...
I ll try my best,next time(now i removed and desposed of them),hoping for the best,as my phone is not so powerful,as far as photographing is concerned...

Blacksheep1

So that’s 5 total now ? In a week?

11panos04

In 9 days. I also try to find the api testing kit,so i can measure with more precision,if that helps...

Blacksheep1

It will always help to know your parameters. Kh/ gh and tds is important too. It’s likely the change in water though :) as always with older shrimp as RichieP said above.

11panos04

What does tds stand for?It s not included in the kits i found online

ProudPapa

What does tds stand for?It s not included in the kits i found online

TDS is Total Dissolved Solids.

In your first post you said the breeder uses RO water. I assume he or she re-mineralizes the water? And do you know to what levels?

11panos04

I asked him now,yes he puts discus trace and gh+. He keeps his levels as:

kh 0-1
gh 6-8
ph below 7,2
no3 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views