10 Gallon Tank Why do my bettas keep dying

Lora

Hello im new here and my english might not be the best because its not my first language.

So, as my title said ,my bettas keep dying and i really don't know why and im hopeless and heartbroken. Not even a year i kept 4 bettas (not at the same time ) and they all died on me and my recent betta just died this morning. I just dont get it , i have a an about 8 gallon (30 liter ) tank, beautiful planted with a filter in it (sponge and activated charcoal ). The temperature is about 78.8°F (26°C) and the nitrite, nitrate is always near zero and ph is about 7.2. I do weekly water changes about 30%-40%.
I gave all my previous bettas two various staple food, frozen/live/dried bloodworms, daphinas, (was careful to only give it 2-3 times a week in small amount ) and the last betta had a tiny bit from the spirulina tabs. I fed them every day once.

What has happened to my betta and other previous ones
After having them for few months, They got first inactive , as solution tried more frequent waterchanges, got worse strated going to the bottom of the tank laying on their side , so i put medication in it and put him in a different container with tap water and left him there for 10 min with oxygen tabs and after 3 days it anyways gives up on me.

I just don't get it , its only with bettas and im no beginner, i kept fish since i was a little and 3years ago i began to take it seriously. I have other tanks
Like 15 gallon (60 liter ) with neons tetra and panda cory and another tank ,30 gallons( 112 liter), with 5 vailtail goldfish. They all are healthy and thriving.

I just don't get it, please i need help , tell me what im doing wrong , i just feel so down and makes me question if i am really a good fish owner.
With the previous betta i had build some emotional bond during theses few months ... I just feel so down ...

smee82

What medicine did you use some are harmful for bettas. Also what are oxygen tablets.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BlackOsprey
Replies
Views
BenjiBear
  • Question
Replies
Views
Rick bose