why do I torture myself :(

1. shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

Ok, so I wasn't going to say anything about the 2 new Betta's I rescued the other day,Both Crowntails and very very tiny...Both in temp 1gal QT mini tanks,wasn't really sure either would make it,and last night when I got home poor little girl (Noel) was gone :( Sad but not really too surprised, at least she was out of the death cup for 24 hours or so :(
    This morning I find my boy (St Nick) fighting to survive :(,He too is the littlest crowntail I ever saw,smaller than my Poupon and he's little...I put in a tall amazon sword so he could rest and be closer to the surface,but not sure if he'll be there at the end of this letter,let alone the end of the day :(
    I could use some prayers and good fishy vibes my way if anyone can spare them :)
    On another Note I also found my Crush floating this morning :(

Attached Files:

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello ShellBell. Sending good thought and wishes your way! So sorry for your losses!
    I know you're doing the best that can be done for them!
    Ken

3. Diggly Well Known Member Member

I am sorry to read this and ending good fishy vibes your way.

You should find some comfort in that their last hours were with you instead of the death cup and I am willing St Nick to survive.

4. shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

Thanks all :) He is gone now :( I am soooo sad :(

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm so sorry for your losses. :( I'm glad the little girl had a nice home if even for such a short time.
    Sending big fishy prayers for your new boy, he's very pretty!
    :;group

6. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

He Shellbell...so sorry to hear of your losses :) I admire your willingness to try and do better for them knowing the possible outcomes. Thats what these fish do to us! It hurst every time we lose one but even minutes of their love make it worth it!

7. Borisbbadd Guest

I'm sorry to hear of your losses.....:(

Randy

8. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you rescued them, they know that. It's not your fault, you couldn't have done anything :;hug2

9. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Sorry to hear that they went so quickly... at least they had some love at the end instead of alone in those miserable little death cups. I would take them back to where you purchased for credit and get 2 more if you can handle it. Good Luck

10. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Oh no! I'm so sorry :( You did what you could for them, its not your fault. RIP lil babies :(

11. shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

Thanks everyone :)
    They do steal your hearts don't they :) They both gave me much Joy while I had them :),and I did get store credit,but couldn't bear looking at the Betta's today :(,I am now not sure if it was something in my water,because I also lost one of my Goldfish this morning with no sign's of illness :( I had just done water changes on all the tanks yesterday afternoon,all tests were good,ammonia 0,nitrite 0 and nitrate between 10-20 as usual,ph at 7.6 as well as tap 7.6,The guy at the pet shop said I had chlorine :( But I use prime with every water change,could I have forgotten to add it?Now he's got me thinking?My memorys not the best lately :( Did I kill my new babies??)The other goldfish are all acting well :)as are my other Betta's,wouldn't they too be showing signs of distress ??OMG I feel so bad!!

12. Diggly Well Known Member Member

You did a wonderful thing and dont beat yourself up I am sure it was nothing you did, sometimes fish are so neglected by pet shops that they cant survive, they wont ever admit it though.

13. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

I don't have much luck with bettas in out area either...I don't think that any of the stores have good stock in our area. :(

14. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Ohh, heartbreak. I feel so sorry for you and the little darlings. But you did all you could, and they couldn't have asked for more than that. Us fighter lovers will never stop putting our hearts on the line to try and save these little creatures. Good on you, keep up the good work. At least they know they were loved even if it was only for a small amount of time. :;group

15. theshiftys_jm Member Member

Shellbell... As heartbreaking as it is, you showed them more in a matter of hours, in the way of love and compassion than they obviously had seen since their first days in the bubblenest. I commend you. I also feel your pain. I lost one of my best betta's due to spending way too much time in the death cup. So, my prayers are with you and the lil betta-kids as well.

16. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Shell........I am sooooooooooo sorry....

17. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

Shell, I am so sorry for your losses! You are such a good fish mom, so please don't feel bad. All of your fishies have a wonderful home with you. I'm sending my prayers your way. I hope your new boy pulls through!

18. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

<hugs>

19. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

I don't think there would be many betta owners who couldn't say that they have lost a cup baby prematurely due to the appalling conditions they were bought under.
    I managed to only have my Osiris a month after rescuing him from one of the worst cups I have ever seen. I lost another Hermes after only 1 week and that broke my heart that I couldn't get him to live for longer.