Why Do I Have Such Bad Luck With Mollies? 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Molly' started by Ian Tankers, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Ian TankersNew MemberMember

So the first fish I got for my 20gal was a black molly and a Dalmatian molly. The Dalmatian molly does 2weeks later. After this I purchased 3 platies and later I got another black molly and another Dalmatian molly(purchased the mollies 2days ago) I woke up today and the Dalmatian molly is lying on the gravel not breathing or moving. Is he alive? I feel like I have terrible luck with mollies and I am leading them to their death. Please help

2. mattgirl

mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

I feel your frustration. I had the same kind of bad luck with dalmatians. I purchased 3 dalmatians and 3 oranges mollies all at the same time. Lost one dalmatian within a few hours. One more within a week and the last one within a couple of weeks. All 3 orange ones are still alive and thriving. Thriving so well in fact I now have several orange babies that are growing like weeds.

I know I was very careful with the acclimation process. My tank is cycled and well established. I too am confused as to why they died.

3. Mazeus

MazeusWell Known MemberMember

Do you know your PH, KH and GH. It may be that your water is too soft for mollies.

4. HolographiccowfishNew MemberMember

I have had this happen with mollys has you gravel been soaked dont feel to bad sometimes when you buy mollies and don't know how old they are and usually end up being very old and might die off other than that check your tank levels dont forget to quarantine they might have had internal parasites you never know what goes on at stores

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice