Why do cories swim with...

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yup

That's a better picture - i think it's a bandit.

The adolfos have a goldish saddle in front of the dorsal fin that looks to be absent, and the black stripe does not cut straight down to the bottom of the tail just before the caudal fin. The dorsal fin has minimal black on it, if any.

The bandit has black on the dorsal fin, a vertical black stripe at the base of the tail, and does not have the gold saddle.

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yes, the grayish one is the peppered.

Donnerjay

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cories are great fun and I like when they swim with other fish.

I found this video on YouTube a while back when I was researching bettas. Thought I'd share it with you. Crank up the music. Enjoy!

hcroark

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My guess is bandit too now. Unless there is gold behind the black eye stripe. I KNOW FOR SURE it's not a skunk. I have 3 skunks. They don't have a black stripe across the eye and they have two stripes down each side of the body instead of one on top.

LyleB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have 6 pygmy corys along with 8 neons. One of the corys likes to school up with the neons quite often. Just hangs out with them, following them around the tank, abandoning the other corys.

Identity crisis maybe?

guppygrl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He's just trying to make new friends or is being a rebel. Lol that would make a neat video!

guppygrl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I found out they are northern longnose Cory's. At least that is what the breeder calls them.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Planetcatfish is an excellent resource for all things catfish. You think they look alike?

guppygrl

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yes they do! Cool website... I'll look at it more when I turn on my laptop. I never realized there were so many varieties.

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Like this?
Corydoras narcissus

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I had a large Common Cory Cat that lived to be 12. For many years, its best friend was the Rainbow Shark that I still have. They were always together. I hated it when I lost the Cory , I bet the Rainbow Shark missed it too.

Ken

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads