Why can't anyone join right now?

Daac

My friend is trying to join fishlore and for some reason it always says we are unable to give you an account at the moment. Any reason why?

ryanr

HI Daac,
Can you shoot me a PM with the following details:
- username requested
- email address being used

I'll see what I can determine.

EDIT: From what I can see, there doesn't appear to be any problems with new accounts.

Again, please send me a Private Message, don't post your friend's details to the forum

Tigress Hill

Nooo, I would NEVER want my own details posted on the forum (unless I approve first ;D)

Daac

ok will do

Mike

Age related? You have to be 13 or older to join the forum. Coppa rules.

Tigress Hill

Ooooh, I hit the bare minimum age requirement then . Luckily I just now consider myself a hobbiest, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get such great advice!

Daac

ok yeah that would be it... thanks

Tigress Hill

I think we need to lower the age requirement to about 10... some kids need this forum's assistance.

ryanr

I think we need to lower the age requirement to about 10... some kids need this forum's assistance.
HI Tigress, agreed, but per Mike's response
Age related? You have to be 13 or older to join the forum. Coppa rules

These rules are a Federal law, and Fishlore will abide by them
"Websites that are collecting information from children under the age of thirteen are required to comply with (COPPA). "

Tigress Hill

Ah. Didn't click on the link sorry. That's a shame

Daac

Yeah... government preventing children from a good education... haha oh well maybe one day they will fix it or make an exception for learning sites like this

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jessmajik
Replies
Views
86 ssinit
  • Question
Replies
Views
Champanier
Replies