Why are there bubbles on my ricefish?

Skink123

Today I got some medaka ricefish and when I got home I realized they all had stuff that looked like ich, I put them in a quarantine tank and started to heat it up assuming it was ich but I looked closer and it seems more like bubbles than ich, I've seen ich before and it looks more like white dots than shinny round pearls but I wanted to know if this is possible or if anyone's ever seen ricefish with bubbles stuck on them. I couldn't get a good picture but I am 100% certain that those are bubbles, I do however want to know how to get rid of them because then I will be able to check them better for actual ich since there could be some real ich hidding amongst the bubbles. Maybe this is kinda a weird question I'm just paranoid since I never seen this before.

MoshJosh

Is it possible they are eggs? Female Japanese rice fish will carry their eggs (clear bubble looking things) in front of their analfins.

If this is not what your seeing then I am not sure. Pictures would help.

Skink123

Is it possible they are eggs? Female Japanese rice fish will carry there eggs (clear bubble looking things) in front of their analfins.

If this is not what your seeing then I am not sure. Pictures would help.
Yeah they aren't eggs, looks like I was just paranoid they where bubbles and most have left, they don't have ich or anything, thanks for your reply :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
miss.mikn
Replies
Views
Angiecee
Replies
Views
Lilycarv
  • Question
29 Gallon Tank Ich or sand?