Why Are My Threads' Videos Gone?

bizaliz3

I was just going through my angelfish breeding thread to write down dates of the last couple months of spawns and stuff. Since I haven't really been keeping a log.

I found that many of my videos are big black squares saying the video doesn't exist. These are videos posted AFTER the format changed on the forum. So it can't be blamed on that.....

I did some comparisons and found that the videos that are youtube videos are all still there. But the videos I was able to post on the thread without having to put it on youtube first, are no longer able to be viewed....the newest one is from 2/4/15. So it isn't due to the format change.

Why are they not viewable anymore? It bums me out because there were some priceless videos on there!!!!

edit: I can't post videos without youtube at all anymore. So it's a moot point in the future. But I didn't realize the videos that had been posted without using youtube are no longer viewable. booo

Nicholas1234

Just curious but why can't you use YouTube anymore?

bizaliz3

Just curious but why can't you use YouTube anymore?

I said I can't post videos WITHOUT youtube.

There was a period of time where I was able to post short videos directly from the app without having to post it on youtube first. But that won't work anymore. I just get errors. Even if it is a really short 15 second video.

And now the videos that I DID post through the app are no longer visible. I don't know if it happened after I updated my app last night, or if it happened prior to that. I haven't gone backwards in my journal thread in a while.

If it did JUST happen....then I guess it could be blamed on the app update. Either way, Its a bummer.

edit: I feel like I do remember seeing videos unable to be viewed prior to my updating the app. But I can't remember. I think it was other people's videos that I couldn't view. So....I am not sure it has to do with the update.

Nicholas1234

Sorry to hear that that's one thing I sometimes hate about app updates you don't know what they're going to change I hope you get your videos back maybe ask Mike?

bizaliz3

Thanks
I wish I knew when this happened. It may have nothing to do with the update. Maybe they stopped working at the same time I stopped being able to post them that way. Which was about a month ago.

ErinO

bizaliz3 I want to say that I tried to look at one of your older videos a while back (a month maybe?) and it said that it was unavailable, so I don't think this is because of you update.

bizaliz3

Thanks for mentioning that ErinO at least now we know it's not related to the app update!

What a bummer!

Mike

The videos and pics posted through the apps are hosted on tapatalk I believe... Let me see if I can do some digging to find out if it can be fixed.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
matsungit
Replies
Views
bowcrazy
Replies
Views
itsEmma
Replies
Views