Why are my 3 dwarf rainbow fish not schooling?

PeaP

Hi...does somebody know why are my 3 dwarf rainbow fish not schooling?

Fae

PeaP said:
Hi...does somebody know why are my 3 dwarf rainbow fish not schooling?
Can you give more info about your tank? Size, other tank mates, etc

PeaP

My tank is 60 l...I have 8 neon tetras 6 Australian killifish one suckerfish and one otocinclus and also 2 nerite snails and 3 dwarf rainbows. It is heavily planted and has an oversized filter...water parameters are good and I have put some catappa leaves in the tank.

GlennO

Not enough of them and 60 litres is too small. They are not particularly tight schoolers to begin with but will stick closer together in a larger tank.

PeaP

Ok, thank you all...I will buy one female more

FishBoy101

PeaP said:
I suggest you don't, 15 gallon AKA 60 liters is too small for all of those fish. I suggest you upgrade your tank to a 30 gallon or larger.

PeaP

thanks for advice

dMog

PeaP said:
Your tank is already overstocked, adding more fish will add to the troubles..your fish are stressed from overcrowding already and are not schooling because of that reason, despite the school being too small adding more fish IS NOT the answer because your tank is too small...overcrowding causes stress, then illness then eventually your fish will begin to die.

PeaP

Ok, thank you...3 days ago I gave the pea puffers back to the store because they were too aggressive.

dMog

In my experience, NEVER listen to pet store employees on anything they tell you about aquariums, especially as to stocking and cycling tanks

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom