Wht Fish Is This

TySabol

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's an African cichlid called a yellow peacock I believe but unfortunately African cichlids don't mix well with parrots. Some people have success but they need lots of space and to be well fed and still that might not work. As far as the blue one it's called an electric blue Johanni they are mbuna cichlids which need lots of swimming space and can be pretty territorial.

TySabol

Valued Member
Reaction score
Is this guy compatable though with my other fish what kind of fish is he?
The sun catfish can get up to 18 inches and they tend to have massive mouths so you can assume that eventually he will try to eat your upside down catfish who only reach about 4-5 inches. And as far is he compatible with your other fish which fish are you talking about exactly?

TySabol

Valued Member
Reaction score
Your starry night cichlid is gonna eventually get pretty big to I have one myself with parrots and they seem to get along fine but if you want to add anything else to you tank I'd suggest waiting till you get a bigger tank size because adding more cichlids to your tank is gonna make it a lot more crowded once everything grows.

littlemissdiva9

Valued Member
Reaction score
Your starry night cichlid is gonna eventually get pretty big to I have one myself with parrots and they seem to get along fine but if you want to add anything else to you tank I'd suggest waiting till you get a bigger tank size because adding more cichlids to your tank is gonna make it a lot more crowded once everything grows.
Thank you, this helped my question. The petstore said both catfish will be okay. But pet stores seems to only like to make a buck. Is my upside down catfish the only one I would have to worry about?

TySabol

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you, this helped my question. The petstore said both catfish will be okay. But pet stores seems to only like to make a buck. Is my upside down catfish the only one I would have to worry about?
No problem and the only thing you'd have to worry about is how big the sun catfish is gonna get I've seen some pretty massive ones about a foot and a half and most of their body is their mouth. Just make sure once you have a bigger tank and are ready to get more fish just make sure the fish you get is pretty big. I've learned to always just do a quick search online of the species before you pick it up, it can save you a lot frustration later on.

littlemissdiva9

Valued Member
Reaction score
I don't plan on adding anymore this one fish just caught my intrests. The only reason I am looking to upgrade is for my current stocks comfort.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom