Wht Fish Is This

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by littlemissdiva9, Apr 12, 2017.

1. littlemissdiva9Valued MemberMember

So, I found this fish at walmart and I know walmart sucks but what fosh is he and is he compatable with sun catfish, upside down catfish, starry night fish and parrots?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. TySabolValued MemberMember

It's an African cichlid called a yellow peacock I believe but unfortunately African cichlids don't mix well with parrots. Some people have success but they need lots of space and to be well fed and still that might not work. As far as the blue one it's called an electric blue Johanni they are mbuna cichlids which need lots of swimming space and can be pretty territorial.

3. TySabolValued MemberMember

What size tank do you have ?

4. littlemissdiva9Valued MemberMember

I have a 75g but will upgrade

5. TySabolValued MemberMember

That's a good size for them,depending on how many parrots you have you might be able to get another.

6. littlemissdiva9Valued MemberMember

I'm only intrested in the yellow guy.

7. TySabolValued MemberMember

The sun catfish can get up to 18 inches and they tend to have massive mouths so you can assume that eventually he will try to eat your upside down catfish who only reach about 4-5 inches. And as far is he compatible with your other fish which fish are you talking about exactly?

8. TySabolValued MemberMember

Your starry night cichlid is gonna eventually get pretty big to I have one myself with parrots and they seem to get along fine but if you want to add anything else to you tank I'd suggest waiting till you get a bigger tank size because adding more cichlids to your tank is gonna make it a lot more crowded once everything grows.

9. littlemissdiva9Valued MemberMember

Thank you, this helped my question. The petstore said both catfish will be okay. But pet stores seems to only like to make a buck. Is my upside down catfish the only one I would have to worry about?

10. TySabolValued MemberMember

No problem and the only thing you'd have to worry about is how big the sun catfish is gonna get I've seen some pretty massive ones about a foot and a half and most of their body is their mouth. Just make sure once you have a bigger tank and are ready to get more fish just make sure the fish you get is pretty big. I've learned to always just do a quick search online of the species before you pick it up, it can save you a lot frustration later on.

11. littlemissdiva9Valued MemberMember

I don't plan on adding anymore this one fish just caught my intrests. The only reason I am looking to upgrade is for my current stocks comfort.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice