Who's into sports? - Page 2

fallfever

Where are the college football fanatics? Clemson season ticket holder from back when they stunk. As in losing to FSU by 50 stunk.
I was a ball boy for the Braves. For a day. That was two stadiums ago but enough to keep me a fan.
I'm from the South, so I never understood hockey. Like soccer on ice only fighting rather than flopping.
The NCAA basketball tournament is the greatest sporting event on earth (1 billion World Cup fans disagree I'm sure).
I love women's college softball. There, I said it. I'll go to my corner now.

BigManAquatics

Where are the college football fanatics? Clemson season ticket holder from back when they stunk. As in losing to FSU by 50 stunk.
I was a ball boy for the Braves. For a day. That was two stadiums ago but enough to keep me a fan.
I'm from the South, so I never understood hockey. Like soccer on ice only fighting rather than flopping.
The NCAA basketball tournament is the greatest sporting event on earth (1 billion World Cup fans disagree I'm sure).
I love women's college softball. There, I said it. I'll go to my corner now.
Well clemson has stunk until about 10 years ago so not saying much there! Women's college softball...well, i get that, but not gonna tell you why I watch!!

86 ssinit

NFL J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!
MLB METS
NHL (yes the only sport that went on strike twice and no one knew :)). ISLANDERS
Soccer ???

RonP

Seahawks
Blue Jays
Maple Leafs
Man U
Northwestern ladies softball

fallfever

Yay ladies softball! Had to go to Canada to find a fellow admirer :)

RonP

I forgot Duke!
(even this year)

pagoda

Sports.....hmmmmmmmmmmm......

Football.....RSC Anderlecht and Belgian National Team the Rode Duivels

Motorsport.....BTCC, Porsche Carrera Cup, DTM, F4, Ginetta GT4, Ginetta Juniors, Mini Challenge, MotoGP, WRC, Indycar, NASCAR, NHRA (used to drive), Dakar Rally and Le Mans 24

Thats about it in the sportinesses for me :)

HupGupp

Long suffering Toronto Maple Leaf fan (NHL) here. The less said given recent events, the better.
Casual TO Blue Jays fan, but I can only watch a few baseball games per year without falling asleep.
I've lost the habit of watching the NFL, but I tune in for the last few games of the year to see if Brady can win again - I follow the CFL though, but the Hamilton Tiger-Cats are almost as heartbreaking as the Leafs.
Soccer: Hup Holland Hup!!! And I root for Belgium too as my backup team ;)

BigManAquatics

Long suffering Toronto Maple Leaf fan (NHL) here. The less said given recent events, the better.
Casual TO Blue Jays fan, but I can only watch a few baseball games per year without falling asleep.
I've lost the habit of watching the NFL, but I tune in for the last few games of the year to see if Brady can win again - I follow the CFL though, but the Hamilton Tiger-Cats are almost as heartbreaking as the Leafs.
Soccer: Hup Holland Hup!!! And I root for Belgium too as my backup team ;)
Don't mention Tom Brady to StarGirl !!!

HupGupp

Don't mention Tom Brady to StarGirl !!!
Y'all should let him win a few more SuperBowls and then appoint him President for life but also allow him time to make action movies and clean up on the pro golf tour.

BigManAquatics

Y'all should let him win a few more SuperBowls and then appoint him President for life but also allow him time to make action movies and clean up on the pro golf tour.
Why? He been a public figure my whole adult life. Tired of him, lol!! How bout i just wrap him in a box and send him to you? Lol

ForceTen

Miami Dolphins
Miami Hurricanes

HupGupp

Why? He been a public figure my whole adult life. Tired of him, lol!! How bout i just wrap him in a box and send him to you? Lol
Sure, send him north, the guy is leading a charmed life. We'll give him skates and a stick, maybe he can lead the Leafs to finally win a Cup! ;)

BigManAquatics

Sure, send him north, the guy is leading a charmed life. We'll give him skates and a stick, maybe he can lead the Leafs to finally win a Cup! ;)
As long as no one hits his knee...

KoGuy25

I'm from Minnesota so I like the Wild, Twins, Wolves, and Vikings but I primarily pay attention to basketball and football. I also attend the University of St.Thomas. We are the first university to jump from D-3 to D-1. Roll Toms!

Tayler

Just about got booted out of the What is everyone watching on TV thread for hijacking it temporarily about sports. So, I'll open it up for those who love fish and sports!

What sports do you follow and which teams do you like?

I'll start off as I'm a big sports fan:

NFL - Minnesota Vikings (my favorite overall sports team)
MLB - White Sox
NBA - Bulls
Soccer (aka Football everywhere else but here) - Argentina and US National Teams
Collegiate Sports - Michigan and Illinois State (my alma mater)
I’ve been watching a bit of the soccer Euro cup. I watched Germany vs Portugal today; Germany won 4-2! I also play soccer in a club.

TheFISH12

NFL - Eagles
NBA - Raptors
Soccer- Fun to play, but hate watching it
Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs

jehorton

Miami dolphins!!!!!! And 86 ssinit J E T S - suck! Suck! Suck ! Suck! Haha just divisional love from a phins fan

Leeman75

I’ve been watching a bit of the soccer Euro cup. I watched Germany vs Portugal today; Germany won 4-2! I also play soccer in a club.

I missed that game! I enjoy the International games so much more than the leagues. What position do you play? I played for many, many years. All positions in my until my mid-twenties, but then I found that fewer people liked to play keeper, so I stuck with that.

86 ssinit

Miami dolphins!!!!!! And 86 ssinit J E T S - suck! Suck! Suck ! Suck! Haha just divisional love from a phins fan
Squish the fish!!!
Everybody know Tampa Bay is the real Florida team !! Hee!hee!hee!

BigManAquatics

Squish the fish!!!
Everybody know Tampa Bay is the real Florida team !! Hee!hee!hee!
Only interest i have in the Jets is they are a team that even my Lions can usually beat lol

Coradee

I follow Football (LFC fan), Tennis, mostly Wimbledon but some other tournaments too & F1.
Tbh I’ll watch most sports if they ‘grab’ me

Tayler

Ooo
I missed that game! I enjoy the International games so much more than the leagues. What position do you play? I played for many, many years. All positions in my until my mid-twenties, but then I found that fewer people liked to play keeper, so I stuck with that.
Good for you for playing keeper! I could never do that….. I’m a horrible goalie. I usually play right winger.

HupGupp

Ugh, Czech Rep 2, Netherlands 0 - Czechs deserved it though, the Dutch squad didn't impress me at all even in the 3 easy wins to qualify. I guess I'm rooting for Belgium & Denmark now!

RedGallant

I do track

BigManAquatics

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! Juky 1st- the day on which Bobby Bonilla(released by the NY Mets in 1999), gets paid just shy of $1.2 million by the Mets from 2011-2035!!

Stat of the day.

86 ssinit

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! Juky 1st- the day on which Bobby Bonilla(released by the NY Mets in 1999), gets paid just shy of $1.2 million by the Mets from 2011-2035!!

Stat of the day.

I hate you!!!

BigManAquatics

I hate you!!!
Worst part is, didn't they only owe him like 5 or 6 mil on the buyout?

86 ssinit

We now have a new owner! Yes still paying though!

BigManAquatics

We now have a new owner! Yes still paying though!
Think Bobby will be paid til he turns 71 or something like that...wish i had that kind of stimulus package!

Then maybe I would have the room for my arapaima pool!

86 ssinit

Think Bobby will be paid til he turns 71 or something like that...wish i had that kind of stimulus package!

Think he’s starting a show Spending Wilpon’s Money!!
Ok just saw a commercial with him and it said it’s Bobby Bonilla day. Funny it was about saving money on something and they ask him how to save money. Expected him to say sign with the Mets!

StarGirl

RED BUUUUUUUD!!!!!!!

Michigan MotoX race.....

BigManAquatics

Go Cubs Go!! Let's hear it for that 11 game losing streak!! Might end tonight....5-0 lead in the 5th...

dwc13

You better say the bears are the best, or, you don't want to know.

The Bears have a shot in a few years now that they finally drafted & signed a QB (Justin Fields) with talent. Happiest people on the planet about that move might be Michigan fans. Don't worry, Leeman75 & StarGirl -- Ohio State still has a few talented, albeit inexperienced QBs on the roster, and WRs Chris Olave & Garrett Wilson to bail them out when needed.

BigManAquatics

The Bears have a shot in a few years now that they finally drafted & signed a QB (Justin Fields) with talent. Happiest people on the planet about that move might be Michigan fans. Don't worry, Leeman -- Ohio State still has a few talented, albeit inexperienced QBs on the roster, and WRs Chris Olave & Garrett Wilson to bail them out when needed.
Michigan won't beat Ohio State for a few years yet... Buckeyes just have far too much talent across the board.

Dunk2

Back to hockey. . . :)

Tampa or Montreal?

BigManAquatics

Back to hockey. . . :)

Tampa or Montreal?
For tonights game or the series? I don't see the Canadiens coming back all the way from what was a 3-0 series deficit. I think they can push it to a game 6 though.

86 ssinit

They still playing hockey? Thought that was over!

Dunk2

For tonights game or the series? I don't see the Canadiens coming back all the way from what was a 3-0 series deficit. I think they can push it to a game 6 though.

Either or both. I think you’re right about the series, but maybe not tonight’s game. Tampa up 1 - 0 after 2 periods.

BigManAquatics

They still playing hockey? Thought that was over!
Just cuz the Islanders lost....either way, Stanley Cup will be won about a month before the NBA is finished.

Top Bottom