Who's into sports? - Page 2

BigManAquatics

Y'all should let him win a few more SuperBowls and then appoint him President for life but also allow him time to make action movies and clean up on the pro golf tour.
Why? He been a public figure my whole adult life. Tired of him, lol!! How bout i just wrap him in a box and send him to you? Lol

ForceTen

Miami Dolphins
Miami Hurricanes

HupGupp

Why? He been a public figure my whole adult life. Tired of him, lol!! How bout i just wrap him in a box and send him to you? Lol
Sure, send him north, the guy is leading a charmed life. We'll give him skates and a stick, maybe he can lead the Leafs to finally win a Cup! ;)

BigManAquatics

Sure, send him north, the guy is leading a charmed life. We'll give him skates and a stick, maybe he can lead the Leafs to finally win a Cup! ;)
As long as no one hits his knee...

KoGuy25

I'm from Minnesota so I like the Wild, Twins, Wolves, and Vikings but I primarily pay attention to basketball and football. I also attend the University of St.Thomas. We are the first university to jump from D-3 to D-1. Roll Toms!

Tayler

Just about got booted out of the What is everyone watching on TV thread for hijacking it temporarily about sports. So, I'll open it up for those who love fish and sports!

What sports do you follow and which teams do you like?

I'll start off as I'm a big sports fan:

NFL - Minnesota Vikings (my favorite overall sports team)
MLB - White Sox
NBA - Bulls
Soccer (aka Football everywhere else but here) - Argentina and US National Teams
Collegiate Sports - Michigan and Illinois State (my alma mater)
I’ve been watching a bit of the soccer Euro cup. I watched Germany vs Portugal today; Germany won 4-2! I also play soccer in a club.

Hehehehaw

NFL - Eagles
NBA - Raptors
Soccer- Fun to play, but hate watching it
Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs

jehorton

Miami dolphins!!!!!! And 86 ssinit J E T S - suck! Suck! Suck ! Suck! Haha just divisional love from a phins fan

Leeman75

I’ve been watching a bit of the soccer Euro cup. I watched Germany vs Portugal today; Germany won 4-2! I also play soccer in a club.

I missed that game! I enjoy the International games so much more than the leagues. What position do you play? I played for many, many years. All positions in my until my mid-twenties, but then I found that fewer people liked to play keeper, so I stuck with that.

86 ssinit

Miami dolphins!!!!!! And 86 ssinit J E T S - suck! Suck! Suck ! Suck! Haha just divisional love from a phins fan
Squish the fish!!!
Everybody know Tampa Bay is the real Florida team !! Hee!hee!hee!

BigManAquatics

Squish the fish!!!
Everybody know Tampa Bay is the real Florida team !! Hee!hee!hee!
Only interest i have in the Jets is they are a team that even my Lions can usually beat lol

Coradee

I follow Football (LFC fan), Tennis, mostly Wimbledon but some other tournaments too & F1.
Tbh I’ll watch most sports if they ‘grab’ me

Tayler

Ooo
I missed that game! I enjoy the International games so much more than the leagues. What position do you play? I played for many, many years. All positions in my until my mid-twenties, but then I found that fewer people liked to play keeper, so I stuck with that.
Good for you for playing keeper! I could never do that….. I’m a horrible goalie. I usually play right winger.

HupGupp

Ugh, Czech Rep 2, Netherlands 0 - Czechs deserved it though, the Dutch squad didn't impress me at all even in the 3 easy wins to qualify. I guess I'm rooting for Belgium & Denmark now!

RedGallant

I do track

BigManAquatics

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! Juky 1st- the day on which Bobby Bonilla(released by the NY Mets in 1999), gets paid just shy of $1.2 million by the Mets from 2011-2035!!

Stat of the day.

86 ssinit

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! Juky 1st- the day on which Bobby Bonilla(released by the NY Mets in 1999), gets paid just shy of $1.2 million by the Mets from 2011-2035!!

Stat of the day.

I hate you!!!

BigManAquatics

I hate you!!!
Worst part is, didn't they only owe him like 5 or 6 mil on the buyout?

86 ssinit

We now have a new owner! Yes still paying though!

BigManAquatics

We now have a new owner! Yes still paying though!
Think Bobby will be paid til he turns 71 or something like that...wish i had that kind of stimulus package!

Then maybe I would have the room for my arapaima pool!

86 ssinit

Think Bobby will be paid til he turns 71 or something like that...wish i had that kind of stimulus package!

Think he’s starting a show Spending Wilpon’s Money!!
Ok just saw a commercial with him and it said it’s Bobby Bonilla day. Funny it was about saving money on something and they ask him how to save money. Expected him to say sign with the Mets!

StarGirl

RED BUUUUUUUD!!!!!!!

Michigan MotoX race.....

BigManAquatics

Go Cubs Go!! Let's hear it for that 11 game losing streak!! Might end tonight....5-0 lead in the 5th...

dwc13

You better say the bears are the best, or, you don't want to know.

The Bears have a shot in a few years now that they finally drafted & signed a QB (Justin Fields) with talent. Happiest people on the planet about that move might be Michigan fans. Don't worry, Leeman75 & StarGirl -- Ohio State still has a few talented, albeit inexperienced QBs on the roster, and WRs Chris Olave & Garrett Wilson to bail them out when needed.

BigManAquatics

The Bears have a shot in a few years now that they finally drafted & signed a QB (Justin Fields) with talent. Happiest people on the planet about that move might be Michigan fans. Don't worry, Leeman -- Ohio State still has a few talented, albeit inexperienced QBs on the roster, and WRs Chris Olave & Garrett Wilson to bail them out when needed.
Michigan won't beat Ohio State for a few years yet... Buckeyes just have far too much talent across the board.

Dunk2

Back to hockey. . . :)

Tampa or Montreal?

BigManAquatics

Tampa or Montreal?
For tonights game or the series? I don't see the Canadiens coming back all the way from what was a 3-0 series deficit. I think they can push it to a game 6 though.

86 ssinit

They still playing hockey? Thought that was over!

Dunk2

For tonights game or the series? I don't see the Canadiens coming back all the way from what was a 3-0 series deficit. I think they can push it to a game 6 though.

Either or both. I think you’re right about the series, but maybe not tonight’s game. Tampa up 1 - 0 after 2 periods.

BigManAquatics

They still playing hockey? Thought that was over!
Just cuz the Islanders lost....either way, Stanley Cup will be won about a month before the NBA is finished.

HupGupp

Tampa or Montreal?
Even though they're an arch-rival, I'm rooting for the Habs, but it'd be a miracle if they win 3 more. Tampa is clearly the better team. Price can steal a series but it doesn't look like it this time though.

Dunk2

The only thing for sure. . . Gary Bettman WILL get booed when he presents the Cup!

Jerome O'Neil

I'm watching the Stanley Cup Finals right now. Hockey is awesome live, and hard to watch on TV because it moves so fast. I am generally a homer in all things.

Baseball is my #1 sport, which is hard in Seattle because the Mariners.... I travel for my job and when I'm in an MLB city I always try to catch a game. When I do, I buy the home team cap and homer out.
We are getting an NHL franchise, the Kraken, which I am really excited about.

I am also into motorcycle racing, MotoGP especially. F1 is great, too, just because the cars are so cool.

But my all time favorite sport is Irish Hurling. It's like combat golf, or La Cross without the niceties of a net, substituting an axe handle with a club on the end of it instead. "Fastest sport on grass." The GAA generally is a miracle of amateur athletics.

You must be registered to see images

BigManAquatics

Of course it is raining today. Planning on taking the kids to Independent League baseball tonight. They want to see the firework show after and run the bases!

StarGirl

Southwick this weekend. Let the beast rule.

Leeman75

Of course it is raining today. Planning on taking the kids to Independent League baseball tonight. They want to see the firework show after and run the bases!

I'm doing the same thing with the fam...we have tickets to see the Sox play the Astros next Friday and then there's fireworks after! First Sox game for all of my kids, so I can't wait!!

BigManAquatics

I'm doing the same thing with the fam...we have tickets to see the Sox play the Astros next Friday and then there's fireworks after! First Sox game for all of my kids, so I can't wait!!
We are sitting field level right behind 3rd base. My kids are lovin it cuz the players been talking to us as they go by!

BigManAquatics

Some more from last night:

FishAndDoom

I watch many sports (NFL, NBA, MMA) frequently but my true loves are baseball and what we Americans call soccer. Been an NY Mets fan for a while, it's definitely been an interesting season for us so far.

I love baseball but soccer is my favorite by far. I'm a diehard supporter of NY Red Bull in the MLS, have been since I first discovered my love of the sport. I watched a lot of the Euros and have been enjoying the Gold Cup so far (I'm a USMNT supporter). In the European game, I was an Arsenal supporter for 10+ years but have stopped pulling for them after the ESL thing, threw out all of my old Arsenal gear. I can't respect a team and owner who would just so blatantly disregard their fans in the name of greed.

I want to find another European team or two to support. I love watching PL games and will likely keep doing so, it's just really difficult to pick a team in there. I still want to playfully hate on Chelsea, Tottenham and LFC. I've been investigating the lower leagues in the English federation and find myself drawn towards Oldham Athletic in the League 2 so... Maybe. Have LOVED watching Bundesliga games for a while as well, maybe it's time to settle down with a team over there. :)

carsonsgjs

I watch many sports (NFL, NBA, MMA) frequently but my true loves are baseball and what we Americans call soccer. Been an NY Mets fan for a while, it's definitely been an interesting season for us so far.

I love baseball but soccer is my favorite by far. I'm a diehard supporter of NY Red Bull in the MLS, have been since I first discovered my love of the sport. I watched a lot of the Euros and have been enjoying the Gold Cup so far (I'm a USMNT supporter). In the European game, I was an Arsenal supporter for 10+ years but have stopped pulling for them after the ESL thing, threw out all of my old Arsenal gear. I can't respect a team and owner who would just so blatantly disregard their fans in the name of greed.

I want to find another European team or two to support. I love watching PL games and will likely keep doing so, it's just really difficult to pick a team in there. I still want to playfully hate on Chelsea, Tottenham and LFC. I've been investigating the lower leagues in the English federation and find myself drawn towards Oldham Athletic in the League 2 so... Maybe. Have LOVED watching Bundesliga games for a while as well, maybe it's time to settle down with a team over there. :)
Oldham’s an interesting one!

I assumed everyone in canada/america would now be following Wrexham AFC following ryan reynolds and rob mcelhenneys purchase of them...

BigManAquatics

Oldham’s an interesting one!

I assumed everyone in canada/america would now be following Wrexham AFC following ryan reynolds and rob mcelhenneys purchase of them...
My fandom runs far deeper than a celebrity's passing i terest in a team lol

FishAndDoom

The Oldham thing probably started with career mode in some past FIFA game, haha. But they have some interesting attacking pieces in Dearnley, Hallam Hope and Bahamboula. Don't mind pulling for the underdog.

Besides, their colors work out very well for my colorblindness, I can always see blue. I'm surprised I kept up with Arsenal for so long considering I can't see red.

ruud

NFL - Why watch this, if you can watch rugby
MLB - Somebody wake me when the game is over
NBA - if they would play with their feet, perhaps I would watch
SOCCER - "crybabies", as mentioned in this thread, yup agree, terrible, they should follow rugby example; but grown up with the sport I'm infected. Favorite team: PSV Eindhoven, The Netherlands
CYCLING/MTB: Mathieu van der Poel; practice the sport myself daily
F1 RACING - my guilty pleasure; if you are a Dutchman, it is hard to get around prodigy and future 10x World Champion Max Verstappen. But I don't appreciate the mass circus that travels around the global every other week or so.

TheAnglerAquarist

Oh hey if there is any Utah Ute football fans, sorry for your loss (of your soul!)

Jerome O'Neil

Oh hey if there is any Utah Ute football fans, sorry for your loss (of your soul!)

The entire Pac-12 outside of UCLA looked like.... uhhh.... bad. I can't believe my Huskies lost at home to Montana?! When you make a list of bad things that only has four other teams on it ,ranked team losing to an FCS team in this case, then you have a serious problem.

BigManAquatics

The entire Pac-12 outside of UCLA looked like.... uhhh.... bad. I can't believe my Huskies lost at home to Montana?! When you make a list of bad things that only has four other teams on it ,ranked team losing to an FCS team in this case, then you have a serious problem.
Still never better than when Appalachian State beat Michigan...

TheAnglerAquarist

What about usc?

Jerome O'Neil

Still never better than when Appalachian State beat Michigan...
They were #4 on that list. The Huskies are now #5.

And they play each other on Saturday.
What about usc?
USC beat San Jose State, which they should have.

Krishorner84

Football (soccer)
F1
Athletics

TheAnglerAquarist

byu beat Utah! I was in diapers last time the beat them… so happy right now

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom