whos interested in saltwater?

whats your thoughts on saltwater aquariums?

• not interested!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nice to look at, but thats it

• nice to look at, may set one up in the furure

• would love to have one!! but circumstance mean not yet (money/space/time etc)

• would love to have one....will have one in the future

• got one!!!!

• Total voters

tan.b

now I can do polls i'm addicted!! i'm sure the novelty will wear off. its such a good way of getting other opinions!!

now i'm getting interested in saltwater aquariums. this fish thing is taking over my life!!!! anyway, I was wondering if this is something that all freshwater keepers crave, or just me?!

have fun!!

Tan

sgould

I definitely love to admire saltwater tanks, but must admit they intimidate me. Could be I've built them into more than they are, but my understanding is they are a whole lot of work and difficult to maintain. IE, way too easy to kill your fish. At any rate, I'm pretty new to freshwater tanks at the moment, so I figure I'll work on getting my arms around those for awhile. As for saltwater tanks, I'll continue to admire the displays at the store, but as for one in my home...maybe "someday".

Tom

I would love to have one only for all the beautiful colors but right now, with the lack of experience with most freshwater, I don't think it's time to upgrade to salt water just yet.
Tom

inuyasha_lover_21

I got one. Love it to death

tan.b

inuyasha_lover_21 said:
I got one. Love it to death
dont I know it!!! lol!!!! I do to!!!! you've got me hooked!!! just need to get that tank in the garage fixed!! been on internet all eve researching how to fix it!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Tan

Butterfly

I love saltwater tanks. My oldest daughter has two huge tanks but I just don't have the time or the space for another large tank.(of course I dream of a huge tank )
carol

tan.b

yeah carol, you do seem to have a "few" already!!! get dino to build you a fish house, then you can have one!!!!!!!!!!!! when my kids are older I could put some tanks in their bedrooms......but not just yet.....couldnt trust them!! I spend all my time wondering where I could squeeze in another tank!

inuyasha_lover_21

When I move to NC I saw a tank I really like. Its a 1,000 gallon tank. I am getting a nurse shark in it.

Neville

I wish I had a saltwater tank but unfortunately it is very rare in my city. a very few people have salt water tanks. they r very costly to maintain and fish species r also very rare.

tan.b

inuyasha_lover_21 said:
When I move to NC I saw a tank I really like. Its a 1,000 gallon tank. I am getting a nurse shark in it.
a 1000 gal!!!!!!!!!!!!
what are the measurements of that?! it'd be like a room for fish!! water company would love you! imagine a 50% water change....ouch!! with saltwater would you do 50% water changes if parameters bad or disease etc? or would that send everything out of whack?

inuyasha_lover_21

They say the larger the tank is the less mistakes you will have. If something goes wrong there would be little effect. I am going to have pipes leading itno the basement to a huge sump.

Hey tan.

I added the live rock in my tank and I got pics in my log blog

lolagurl

tan.b don't worry lol I want one too.. Its so weird I am totally obsessed with my fish righ t now, ive always liked fish ever since I was little. to my friends its like my "weird trait".Like I always wanted to be a marine biologist, still do. But yea, whenever I go to the fish store (not often) and see the saltwater fish, I just get obsessed all over again. I love the fact that there are millions of types, I guess.

inuyasha_lover_21

When I was in petsmart I sat for 2 hours figuring out which fish to buy. I saw the kuhli's and said " I want the whole tank!" Everyone stared at me. They thought I was crazy I guess... :

Butterfly

LOL I just looked at my post LOL My cat has been helping me post again I see! The ooo's are all Angus
Carol

tan.b

lolagurl said:
tan.b don't worry lol I want one too.. Its so weird I am totally obsessed with my fish righ t now, ive always liked fish ever since I was little. to my friends its like my "weird trait".Like I always wanted to be a marine biologist, still do. But yea, whenever I go to the fish store (not often) and see the saltwater fish, I just get obsessed all over again. I love the fact that there are millions of types, I guess.
that is so me!!! i'm becoming obsessed!! i've been looking at doing another unI course...was looking into I.T., but marine biology....that would be fab! the degree I already have is biosciences, so that should follow on relatively well?!

no salty fish around here for me drool over, just on here!!!!!!!!! one day!!!!!!!!! sooner rather than later I hope!! my car just had a load of essential repairs, so skint again now!!!! cars.......they cost a fortune!!! :

tan.b

inuyasha_lover_21 said:
When I was in petsmart I sat for 2 hours figuring out which fish to buy. I saw the kuhli's and said " I want the whole tank!" Everyone stared at me. They thought I was crazy I guess... :
when I go in I take ages choosing what I want!!! I go in with one fish in my mind and come out with something dif. like other day went in for danios.....came out with scissor tails!!!
getting more fish next week. no point planning as I'll change my mind when I get there!!! something else will grab my attention!

tan.b

Butterfly said:
LOL I just looked at my post LOL My cat has been helping me post again I see! The ooo's are all Angus
Carol
that explains it!!!! didnt like to ask!!!! thought you were having a mad moment!!!!!!!!! ;D

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom