Whoops... I think I killed my HOB

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The night before last I unplugged my HOB filter because it was irritating me during a movie. I forgot to replug it in so it didn't run yesterday and I just plugged it in now and there's no sign of life.
The power-bar it's on is working. I haven't touched it other than that.
It's a Whisper 70 EX and was running on my 56 gallon goldfish tank along side a 203 fluval canister.
I'm pretty sure that my little canister isn't enough for the stock I have in the tank (3 fancy goldies, 6 wcmm, and 3 bronze cories).
Anyone know what may have happened?

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
the impeller is prob just stuck, pull it off of your tank, drain it, and then remove the motor and clean it and the impeller, make sure that the impeller mooves freely (there will be a little resistance from the magnet) and then put it back together and put a lil water in it to see ikf it spins once plugged in, then re install it on your tank fill it up and start it, all should be fine.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks Morgan
Looks like there was some junk wrapped around the impeller that was the problem

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hmm.. if it's been dry all this time, you might have a beneficial bacteria die-off prob, Red. You probably need to test your water for the next few days...and make sure your Prime isn't running low.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom