Want To Trade Who Wants to Swap fish to Strengthen Genetics?

Demeter
Been thinking about swapping fish recently in order to add new blood to fish I've been breeding for a few generations already. I know my Daisy's blue rice fish (Oryzias woworae) could definitely use some new blood, as could my red and black/blue shrimp colonies. My guppies are going on 3-4 generations inbred as well. Then there's my Pseudomugil luminatus that are down to one breeding male with several females who may be his daughters, who all originated from a single female...

As most breeders know, adding new genetics is key to keeping your breeding stock strong and producing healthy young. I'm sure others are in the same boat with inbred breeding stock. Sometimes getting new blood is hard as some species/strains are hard to find for sale.

I suppose what I'm getting at is this, does anyone want to take part in this thread specifically for swapping breeding stock? You'd have to be capable of shipping (US only) and you'd also need to be sure your original stock didn't come from the same breeder. This would not be a buy/sell thread but strictly a trading thread with no exchange of money. You'd simply pay the shipping cost to send it to the other party and they'd do the same for you. Individuals would have to come to their own agreements and arrangements via private message.

Fish/inverts that could commonly be traded:
Guppies
Endlers
Neo shrimp of all colors
Rainbows
BN plecos
Rice fish
Mollies
Swords
Platties

I personally am interested in swapping:
3 male and 1 female Daisy's blue rice fish (1 young adult male, others are full grown adults) for the same
A dozen blue/black rose neos mixed gender for the same (or for good grade reds)
1 trio of magenta/dragon guppies (mine are a mix of red dragon and magenta, females are virgins) for 1 trio of magenta or dragons
2 Calico/Red BN plecos (short finned, juveniles ~1.5-2in) for 2 blue eyed or green dragon juveniles (short or long finned)
3 female P. luminatus (mine are young, just starting to produce eggs) for 3 males

Advertisement
86 ssinit
This is a great idea. Though all I’ve got to offer is red cherry shrimp
18E587AA-493F-41DA-96B0-29BFEC57A761.jpegI usually buy 10 new ones every 6 months. What else I have is

6 young 6 month old bosemani rainbows. 2 males 3 females.

a bunch of bushy nose plecos babies about 4 months.

Advertisement
Demeter
This is a great idea. Though all I’ve got to offer is red cherry shrimp View attachment 871366I usually buy 10 new ones every 6 months. What else I have is

6 young 6 month old bosemani rainbows. 2 males 3 females.

a bunch of bushy nose plecos babies about 4 months.

My cherries have been on a slow decline in size and population while me black roses are booming. And your BN, are they all brown? Shoot me a message if you are up for a shrimp trade!

C6746E32-01BF-4D1A-A24F-C1DD5667BA68.jpeg

Chiz
I too, love this idea, and have traded shrimp a couple of times with others on this forum. I don't do much shipping right now (too cold where I live), but I'll be watching this thread for sure!

86 ssinit
My plecos.
And my bosemani

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views