Who Thought?

1. Musicman88

Musicman88 New Member Member

So I've wanted a fish tank for years. They are relaxing, beautiful to look at and generally mesmerising (sometimes).

I never really understood what it took to look after one.

I've finally got one and who would of thought its so easy to get addicted and attached to fish.

I'm forever checking water, I've kept up with cleaning, water changes etc and still no signs of being fed up, bored or anything like that.

I'm also majorly attached to my little bristlenose. He's amazing! Love his colour, his personality, just everything about him.

I've deff found my hobby for life!

And ps, if best not tell the wife I already want a bigger tank

2. jmaldo

jmaldo Well Known Member Member

Good for you but just watch out for the virus "MTS" - Multiple Tank Syndrome. It's easy to catch (sounds like you already have it) and the only cure is Buy another Tank. LOL
    :;bananawater

3. OP
    OP
    Musicman88

Haha, too late. Already happened. I've
    Bought a little 29L tank for a single betta :)

4. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

I currently have 15 tanks ranging from 5g up to 90g , also currently working on getting my largest tank a 220g , just thought I would let you know their isn't a cure for MTS.

Glad you love the hobby. It's very rewarding, and peaceful.

5. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

I started with a .75 gallon cube for a betta in February. Now I've got a 20 gallon long for the current betta, a 10 gallon quarantine, and a 40 gallon breeder that's not set up yet. Already dreaming about a 75 or 90 gallon for angelfish or South American cichlids. Lol.

6. OP
    OP
    Musicman88

Cichlids are 100% my next tank. I'm going for the biggest that will fit in my house

7. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

If you can't do a 125g then a 75g would be the bare minimum if you wanted a few different species together.

8. OP
    OP
    Musicman88

I will be moving house in about a year so will have a spare room, I plan on getting a 200g

9. jmaldo

jmaldo Well Known Member Member

You know I forgot 1 thing. I said the cure for MTS is buying another tank, but it's only temporary it comes back. I started with a 55 and a QT, now also have a 20,10,10,5. Good Luck with yours.
    :;bananawater

10. OP
    OP
    Musicman88

Ha, I'll post more when I get them :)