Who needs lotion?

1. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Who needs lotion when you have a bunch of fish tanks? Does anyone have really soft hands from moving things around in you tanks? I do..

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

My hands are always dry because I'm slightly OCD about washing them, but after playing around in my tanks, my arms are nice and soft LOL

3. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

No, I'm the opposite. My hands are in and out of my tanks so much that they become dry and usually even crack in the winter. I don't use lotion when I know I will be doing fish stuff, because I'm afraid of getting it into the tanks. I have Coralife gloves that go up to my armpits, but the rubber for the hand part is so thick that I can't really use them to do much.

4. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

:;jawsI actually get dry hands and sometimes even a rash. I think I am alergic to PRIME.

5. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

no way... I need tons of lotion. my hands are uber dry. tanks just make them even more dry.

-j

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I use lotion sometimes, but I wash my hands before I touch anything fish-related, even feeding them.

7. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I feel like my tanks make them worst. But when I have my hands in tanks all day a good 75% of that time is in the salt tanks which makes me feel all itchy so I don't get all soft from them.

8. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Ok everyone gets dry hands lol

9. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I don't - I never use lotion. My hands are naturally soft. Strong, but soft ;)

10. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

My hand are always dry. They crack in the winter and I usually have to use lotion (all my friends make fun of me for it), but this is my first winter that I've had fish and the water makes them soft.

11. trailblazer295 Well Known Member Member

I would need lotion without the fish tanks. After a water change with all the work and several hand washings they are worse for wear. Far from soft and smooth.

12. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Truth be told, my hands aren't in the tanks all that much though.

13. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I don't think any amount of having my hands in the tank will make them softer, the steel I work with and leather gloves make sure of that.

14. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Doesn't hard water dry out your skin?

15. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I believe so. And the soap we have at work is even worse, in the winter my hands crack and bleed because of it, I started taking my own soap to work with me.

16. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Burt's Bees Hand Salve is wonderful for this. I used to work with individuals with developmental disabilities and frequent hand washing was a must for me. In the Indiana winters, my hands would crack and bleed too. The Burt's Bees stuff was the only thing that helped me. Plus it comes in a tin and isn't lotion so maybe your friends wouldn't make fun of you. ;D

17. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I use the Nievia in the blue tin for my hands.

18. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

With low nitrates in the FW Planted, yes, I guess hands were softer.

When nitrates went up, it tended to dry out the hands a bit more (it was a good barometer for the tank condition)

But SW has fixed that - permanently drier than they used to be :giggle:

19. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Awww.:p

20. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Hands are always soft here.
    Which is surprising, considering a handle paper all day.