Who here watches Football(Soccer)? - Page 6

Rev

Soooo how’s everybody’s social distancing going?

IMG_6534.JPG

jinjerJOSH22

Soooo how’s everybody’s social distancing going?
That’s brilliant

Rev

That’s brilliant
Credit to the Liverpool subreddit who are still finding ways to laugh and poke fun at everybody else even with the season suspended and we're all dying from a lack of sports

jinjerJOSH22

Credit to the Liverpool subreddit who are still finding ways to laugh and poke fun at everybody else even with the season suspended and we're all dying from a lack of sports
Ugh too true.
Nice to have a break from it haha

Rev

Ugh too true.
Nice to have a break from it haha
I thought that's what the offseason was for Now we'll have two offseasons. Double the suffering.

jinjerJOSH22

I thought that's what the offseason was for Now we'll have two offseasons. Double the suffering.
Hahahaww.
As long as they don’t just give us the tittle I’m good

alx

For those in quarantine needing something to watch, I highly recommend The Four Year Plan. It is currently streaming on US Amazon Prime Video. I love it. An amazing 'fly on the wall' documentary.

Amazon.com: Watch The Four Year Plan | Prime Video

I don't know about streaming availability but I also love the movies: One Night In Turin, An Impossible Job, Bobby Robson: More Than A Manager, City!, Hillsborough and Two Escobars.

DoubleDutch

This weekend I watched the Dutch winning the European Champiinship in 1988 (the only time hahaha)

Marvelous. We did win again hahahahaha.

The goal of Marco van Basten in the final still is giving me goosebumps hahahaha.

jinjerJOSH22

Found this on my phone

1585154898420.jpeg

alx

This is surreal. No sports in weeks. As an American I love this time of year. NBA Playoffs, start of MLB season, March Madness, NFL draft and of course the football: end of the Premier League season and late Champions League stages. None of that is happening.

DoubleDutch

UEFA is now threatning clubs / countries that are thinking about ending the season now.
Even the club in second place AZ (same points as number one Ajax now) has decided to agree if the competition would end now.

Are UEFA people, like FIFA people living in another world? Some clubs earlier had thoughts to start their own organisation..Maybe the post-corona time is the time to do that.

Grrrrrre

Rev

Football is back and Liverpool won the Premier League. Where is everybody? hilarious

DoubleDutch

Coradee is having a party I guess.

Congrats Coradee.
After 30 years !!

Coradee

I haven’t slept a wink.
Champeones Champeones!!!

Pariah

I'm an American, so obviously I don't get soccer.

Truthfully, I have nothing but respect for their athletes and y'all have the best fans. Far better than our American football fans.

giphy.gif

alx

I've been enjoying the football since the comeback but it just isn't the same with no fans. Before England was back playing matches I watched a lot of Bundesliga and La Liga because that was all that was on and I have concluded the Premier League is still the best league.

Thinking today after the FA cup semi-final we will be having an empty Wembley for the final. And an empty Wembley for the Championship play-off final. It's just so depressing.

Good on Leeds for being promoted. They are a big club and have a bigger stadium than like half of the current EPL. I love their documentary series on Amazon. Hopefully they were filming this year too.

Coradee

New season so I thought I’d give this thread a kick start. We’ve some new exciting signings, shame we can’t be singing this in the Kop!

DoubleDutch

Ha
New season so I thought I’d give this thread a kick start. We’ve some new exciting signings, shame we can’t be singing this in the Kop!
hahahaha. Jurgen stil got the moves.

Coradee

Goodbye Melwood thanks for the memories

LadfromLondon

Ole out aaanddd go...

jinjerJOSH22

Having failed to obtain the golden glove this season, Liverpool stopper Alison Becker make a late push for the golden boot! Claiming he already has the gloves, now he wants the matching shoes.

Dan1984

Still having trouble believing that last minute goal, LFC supporter here too. Also can’t believe that WBA goal was disallowed, definitely rode our luck today!

jinjerJOSH22

Still having trouble believing that last minute goal, LFC supporter here too. Also can’t believe that WBA goal was disallowed, definitely rode our luck today!
We haven't had too much of that go for us this season have we? Those last minute goals giving us 3 points at vital times.
I totally agree with it being disallowed. I wasn't sure at first, but one of the camera angles shows him clearly blocking Ally's view. WBA looked dangerous from the set pieces.

Dan1984

Definitely true, no luck at all this season, only two more wins needed though and although it won’t be a successful season compared to the last two it will have been salvaged a little!

pagoda

So anyone else watching last year's Euro's this year?

I follow the Belgian team, Rode Duivels.

They are set for what will be a tough game this week, tough on the emotions at least.

They play Denmark, which after what happened to Eriksen, will be hard. The Denmark manager has already stated that he will not force his players to play, so may have a less experienced team. Several Belgian players are either current or past team mates with Eriksen, so it will be a tough one all round.

I cannot fathom why UEFA effectively forced the game to restart after Eriksen's cardiac arrest but they seem to be a law unto themselves lately.

carsonsgjs

So anyone else watching last year's Euro's this year?

I follow the Belgian team, Rode Duivels.

They are set for what will be a tough game this week, tough on the emotions at least.

They play Denmark, which after what happened to Eriksen, will be hard. The Denmark manager has already stated that he will not force his players to play, so may have a less experienced team. Several Belgian players are either current or past team mates with Eriksen, so it will be a tough one all round.

I cannot fathom why UEFA effectively forced the game to restart after Eriksen's cardiac arrest but they seem to be a law unto themselves lately.
Very tough to watch pagoda. Reminded me of fabrice muamba and marc-vivian foe before that. I was very surprised to see the match restart as soon as it did. I understand that there is quite a restrictive timetable to keep to but there was no sensitivity applied by uefa - it was like ‘hes not dead, crack on theres no harm done’.

looking forward to the rest of the tournament though. Group of death games today - france, germany and portugal in the same group!

pagoda

I think the teams were given the choice, restart that evening or play it the day after. Neither option is exactly ideal. Although it has since transpired that the Danish team were virtually threatened with expulsion if they did not play.

Sensitivity and UEFA rarely if ever go hand in hand.

The rest of the competition should be interesting....Ronaldo up to his old tricks with the fizzy drinks though....that is one seriously weird person. Maybe instead of having bottles of Cola on the set for press conferences when he is there, they should have Smart Water instead (from a Cumbrian mineral spring owned by Coca-Cola Schweppes)

Coradee

I’m quite surprised I’m enjoying the Euros I didn’t think I would, at least they mean there’s something half decent to watch on Tv though the England v Scotland match was painful.
In memory of my sister I’m rooting for Belgium to do well.

jinjerJOSH22

I’m quite surprised I’m enjoying the Euros I didn’t think I would, at least they mean there’s something half decent to watch on Tv though the England v Scotland match was painful.
In memory of my sister I’m rooting for Belgium to do well.
Yeah same, it helps when your team is still in it(posted 4 and a half ours before the deciding matches).
But it has been enjoyable for the most part, I suppose I have a fond memory as a Welshman of the last Euros. So lets see if we can turnover Italy and get through, or you know.. come on Turkey ;)

DoubleDutch

Watched Germany - Portugal yesterday with my son in Germany. Yahoo what a game.

Wouldratherwatchaquarium

Arsenal supporter. Don't follow football really though other than euros and World Cup where I can be bored watching England.

My grandad was from Islington in London and I used to watch the gunners with him hence my support.

pagoda

I have followed Anderlecht since I was knee high to a grasshopper and...and this might upset those who love the air that he breathes...but I sincerely wish Vincent Kompany had not returned as trainee manager.

He has been absolutely abysmal.

He may have been a good player, but not all good players cut it as a manager....and he certainly is not good as a trainee manager.

He will not be qualified as a T1 until he passes his exams in 2022. The idea was that he would play part time after leacing Man City, get his T1 diploma sorted and then work alongside an experience T1 at Anderlecht until he felt he could manage alone.

That didn't happen. Instead he stopped playing last year, decided to learn from the spectator box but in doing so cost the club thousands in fines cos he was constantly telling Simon Davies, the actual T1, what to do over a two way radio. Simon left the club after a big argument with Vince. Frank Vercauteren came in as T1 and the same thing happened again. Three T2's have also left after arguments with the still unqualified Vince.

Last season was cut short due to the virus but was going downhill anyway. This season has been a nightmare...Vince as acting T1 with another fully qualified trainer on the bench guiding him. We scraped into the European Conference Cup next season and performance has been well below par.

Anderlecht has a very proud history, 34 domestic titles and countless European titles...and its all being destroyed by one huge ego.....and had there been fans in the stadia this season, Vince would have been shown exactly what they think of him. Next season needs to improve...seriously improve...other managers have been fired for alot less damage and Vince needs to go.

Redshark1

We are enjoying the Euros and feel France are most likely to win the tournament. Thought Germany were going out at one stage but they recovered well against the previous winners Portugal. I am supporting England (who have been disappointing and reluctant to play their only truly special player named Jack) and my wife An is supporting Belgium (who seem totally dependent on a bloke called Kevin) as these are our nationalities. Italy have been a breath of fresh air and the only team who remember how goals should be scored and celebrated (all pile on!). Good luck to the excellent Eriksen of Denmark who suffered a heart attack while I was watching (crickey!). Good referees and VAR, much better than in the English Premier League.

DoubleDutch

I have followed Anderlecht since I was knee high to a grasshopper and...and this might upset those who love the air that he breathes...but I sincerely wish Vincent Kompany had not returned as trainee manager.

He has been absolutely abysmal.

He may have been a good player, but not all good players cut it as a manager....and he certainly is not good as a trainee manager.

He will not be qualified as a T1 until he passes his exams in 2022. The idea was that he would play part time after leacing Man City, get his T1 diploma sorted and then work alongside an experience T1 at Anderlecht until he felt he could manage alone.

That didn't happen. Instead he stopped playing last year, decided to learn from the spectator box but in doing so cost the club thousands in fines cos he was constantly telling Simon Davies, the actual T1, what to do over a two way radio. Simon left the club after a big argument with Vince. Frank Vercauteren came in as T1 and the same thing happened again. Three T2's have also left after arguments with the still unqualified Vince.

Last season was cut short due to the virus but was going downhill anyway. This season has been a nightmare...Vince as acting T1 with another fully qualified trainer on the bench guiding him. We scraped into the European Conference Cup next season and performance has been well below par.

Anderlecht has a very proud history, 34 domestic titles and countless European titles...and its all being destroyed by one huge ego.....and had there been fans in the stadia this season, Vince would have been shown exactly what they think of him. Next season needs to improve...seriously improve...other managers have been fired for alot less damage and Vince needs to go.
Not all titles were earned in an honest way though. Just a coincidence I heared about this yesterday (the keeper of Nothingham Forrest)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-37453762

DoubleDutch

Name one team..regardless of sport...that has earned a trophy cabinet 100% cleanly

Anderlecht is absolutely not the only side to have been shady
I am too naive for this world.

pagoda

Scotland's Gilmour has stuffed his Euro's well and proper with a positive virus test....he was filmed playing table tennis with his team mates, which was not permitted and will no doubt cause issues for the rest of the Scotland squad and any other team they have played or due to play.

Never mind, personally I feel it was a mistake to move the Euro's to this year after cancelling them last year. With so much international travel involved for players - to/from their domestic clubs and the national teams flying all over the place, is it any wonder that protocols are not being kept.

UEFA is far too money orientated and they shift their own goalposts far to often.

DoubleDutch

Minute 4.00 goooooooooosebumps.

carsonsgjs

Minute 4.00 goooooooooosebumps.
That one, and his volley against aston villa in 2013, that sealed the title for united. Fond, but sadly distant memories now!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
2 3
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views
Kathylee