Who has the Worst Case of MTS? ;)

How many tanks do you have?

• Total voters

aquaticat

How many tanks do you have?

If you like, you can also tell a bit about the tanks you have or ones you plan to set up!

(The poll includes small tanks too, but not bowls or other creative containers. If you have any of those, be sure to mention those in your post! ;D)

Not sure if there's ever been anything like this before (probably has been LOL) but I'm curious so here we go anyway

(I messed up the poll a bit too, apologies for that LOL)

plug

I have 4 tanks

46 gallon
22 gallon
2 10 gallon tanks

am planning on a 125 gallon in the near future

when I cannot sleep at night I dream about fish tanks and how I will stock them....

jetajockey

i've gone from MTS to MFS (multiple fishroom syndrome)

Gordinian

Right now I have 6

-(1) 5 gallon
-(2) 10 gallons
-(2) 20 gallons
-(1) 55 gallon

And likely more to come!

Edit: 7! Just got a 2.5 gallon

horsin1787

I have....3 set up and 2 more (old metal frame) in the garage that I need to work on and reseal.

75 gallon (signature)
7.5 gallon with one male betta.
42.9 gallon tall-currently has tadpoles in the bottom 4 or so inches. This will eventually be an angel tank.
the 2 in the garage are both around 13-14 gallons. One is a normal rectangle, the other is a trapezoid shape with a matching hood.

monkeypie102

They made it to my saltwater tank... I win period... Lol

On a 6 inch cucumber slice haha...

Lol edit miss read post... Oh well I still win that... But I have 9 tanks and adding a bunch more 2.5g for shrimp breeding

jetajockey

Do growbeds count as tanks?

krazyone2006

7 tanks here but if you count everything else its 12 LOL

75g freshwater community
55g freshwater community
20g long fry grow out tank
20g tall Just upgraded RCS too from 10g
15g guppy grow out tank
10g betta
10g fry growout tank

2g teddy bear shaped jug with red ramshorns in it
3-35g rubbermaid tubs with random fry growing out in it
1 step2 big splash center pool converted to a pond

slashgash

I have 2x 10 gallons
One 50 gallon
One 37 gallon
one 20 gallon (though I don't know if this one still counts because it has aquatic turtles in it right now and no fish)
one 5 gallon

and one 3.5 gallon that Is currently empty but I'm planning on putting shrimp in

jetajockey

I have 6 40b's on a central system, another 40b by itself, another 40b on an aquaponics setup, a 120, a 50 gallon flatback hex, a 110 acrylic, 14 15g's that are empty, 3 40b's that are empty, 1 empty 29, 4 empty 20H's, 3 empty 20Ls, 4 10x2 growbeds, 2 6x2 growbeds, and an 8x2 pond/sump.

aquaticat

jetajockey said:
Do growbeds count as tanks?
Um... maybe?

slashgash said:
I have 2x 10 gallons
One 50 gallon
One 37 gallon
one 20 gallon (though I don't know if this one still counts because it has aquatic turtles in it right now and no fish)
one 5 gallon

and one 3.5 gallon that Is currently empty but I'm planning on putting shrimp in
As long as there's some kind of aquatic life in a tank, it counts ;D

anahiii24

lol was the question referring to how many tanks I have currently running? or just how many tanks in general?

I have a 55 gal. I don't know the dimentions
a 30 gal.
20 gal.
and a 10 gal.
and thinking about getting an EDGE

just the 55 and 10 gal are currently running.

TylerLovesFish

I am 15 and I have a 29g, 5 gal, and a 3 gal. Also a 10 gal that's a frog tank (so half water, half land)

I have MTS...

but the thing stopping me from getting more tanks is a new medicine called:

NOTENUFMOOLAH

it's pretty potent, has stopped me from buying any more tanks.
I can't seem to get myself off of it though.

slashgash

TylerLovesFish said:

NOTENUFMOOLAH

I have the same issue. It saddens me greatly. I also don't have any room for any more tanks.

petlorilea

what do you mean WORST case? Is this a trick???? hahahahaha
90 gallon Oscar
55 gallon barb
40 gallon JD
30 gallon male guppies and glowfish
29 gallon salt (damsel, clown, angel)
20 gallon divided male betta
20 gallon neon
10 gallon divided male betta
5 gallon male betta
(5) 2.5 gallon female betta dormitory (sorority failed)

tropicalfishlover

Right now I have 11

two 20 gallons
three 29 gallons
three 55 gallons
two 75 gallons
one 100 gallon

winglessicarus

Are there bonus points rewarded for hitting 7 tanks in less months?

aquaticat

anahiii24 said:
lol was the question referring to how many tanks I have currently running? or just how many tanks in general?
Currently running, but if you have some that you're going to have running soon then it's fine to list them

TylerLovesFish said:
I have MTS...

NOTENUFMOOLAH

Gah I can't get enough of dat stuff.

winglessicarus said:
Are there bonus points rewarded for hitting 7 tanks in less months?
There should be! ;D

marine590622

Stopped counting when I went over 70 tanks, I am getting better though, My wife wants a sewing room so I am selling fish and taking down tanks to make that happen.

Lilibeth_Seasong

marine590622 said:
Stopped counting when I went over 70 tanks, I am getting better though, My wife wants a sewing room so I am selling fish and taking down tanks to make that happen.
Holy Smokes!

I got money issues too. I don't think my mom would be very happy with me having more tanks. At least in the main part of the house. I share a large room with two of my sisters, so I could probably fit a few more.

I currently have:
5g betta tank
55g community (working on stocking, only have ZDs right now)
10g QT and hospital tank

shelleyd2008

I didn't see your "bowls and containers don't count" rule before I voted, so I guess I've got 6. All my tanks are freshwater planted

45g with 4 swordtails, 1 paradise fish, 17 von rio tetras, 9 striped kuhlI loaches, 1 orangethroat darter, 5 assassin snails, untold numbers of ramshorn, trumpet, and bladder snails
10g with 8 adult guppies (3 male, 5 female), 2 baby guppies (that I haven't caught yet), 8 emerald dwarf rasboras (danio erythromicron), 3 mystery snails, ramshorn and trumpet snails.
5g hex with who knows how many baby guppies, red cherry shrimp, ramshorn and bladder snails
5g kritter keeper (2) each with 1 betta, ramshorn, trumpet, and bladder snails
5g kritter keeper--currently only has ramshorn, bladder, and trumpet snails. It's waiting for blue moscow guppy fry from fbn

Then I have a 1 gallon bowl with 1 betta and a couple ramshorn snails, and a 1/2g "double betta tank" that currently houses bladder snails (waiting for shipping!) I also have a 55 gallon water barrel outside that has a ton of bladder snails--you could also call it a 'snail tank'

If I can find a place to put it, a friend of mine is going to give me a 15 gallon 'globe' tank--I hope to use it for some neon tetras if I can find room to put it in the house!

Lilibeth_Seasong

shelleyd2008 said:
I didn't see your "bowls and containers don't count" rule before I voted, so I guess I've got 6. All my tanks are freshwater planted

45g with 4 swordtails, 1 paradise fish, 17 von rio tetras, 9 striped kuhlI loaches, 1 orangethroat darter, 5 assassin snails, untold numbers of ramshorn, trumpet, and bladder snails
10g with 8 adult guppies (3 male, 5 female), 2 baby guppies (that I haven't caught yet), 8 emerald dwarf rasboras (danio erythromicron), 3 mystery snails, ramshorn and trumpet snails.
5g hex with who knows how many baby guppies, red cherry shrimp, ramshorn and bladder snails
5g kritter keeper (2) each with 1 betta, ramshorn, trumpet, and bladder snails
5g kritter keeper--currently only has ramshorn, bladder, and trumpet snails. It's waiting for blue moscow guppy fry from fbn

Then I have a 1 gallon bowl with 1 betta and a couple ramshorn snails, and a 1/2g "double betta tank" that currently houses bladder snails (waiting for shipping!) I also have a 55 gallon water barrel outside that has a ton of bladder snails--you could also call it a 'snail tank'

If I can find a place to put it, a friend of mine is going to give me a 15 gallon 'globe' tank--I hope to use it for some neon tetras if I can find room to put it in the house!
You have snails coming outta your ears, don't cha?

Have you seen cardinal tetras? They are prettier than neons IMO.

frampy

Lucy

At the moment I have 6.

One 2.5
Two 10's
One 20
One 29

bigt0006

I have 6 two 5.5 gallon shrimp tanks one 10 gallon another 10 gallon I'm keeping going for when ibfind some dwarf puffers a 29 gal community tank and a 20 gallon nano reef tank

CoryCats

3 right now

10 gallon Betta and nerite snails
20 gallon long divided with 2 bettas and nerite snails
55 gallon Community

And 2 QT tanks (each with their own equipment so no water from QT #1 gets to the main tanks or QT #2 and QT #2's water doesn't get to the main tanks or QT #1).

10 gallon QT 3 panda corys, 1 Rubberlip pleco
20 gallon long QT 3 honey gouramis

What made me want to have 2 QTs up at once, I'll never know lol

Empty:

2.5? gallon (sold to me as 5 gallon but it looks too small but I've never even put water in it lol)
3 gallon BioOrb
10 gallon

Well. . . . It sure looks like a lot when its all written down like that lol

Shine

3 x 5 gallon -betta/betta/endlers
2 x 10 gallon -endlers, cories
20g - red cap oranda
30g pond - 2 black moors
90g pond - goldfish

shelleyd2008

Lilibeth_Seasong said:
You have snails coming outta your ears, don't cha?
Just a bit I only wanted the trumpet snails but my plants 'gave me' the ramshorn and bladder snails. The arrival of those prompted the purchase of the assassin snails...my son saw pictures of the mystery snails and just had to have them! However, I think the guppies are going to beat the snails at overpopulating all my tanks!
Lilibeth_Seasong said:
Have you seen cardinal tetras? They are prettier than neons IMO.
I have seen the cardinal tetras but it's easier to find neons. Plus, they are usually cheaper I've spent way too much money on fish and aquarium stuff so I'd rather go with the cheaper ones lol

dingo

At the end of March I set up my first tank... now I have 4. I think I caught the fever. The conversation with my girlfriend started something like "Hey, how would you feel about a little 10 gallon fish tank? It's like 60 bucks to get everything but the fish, and they're pretty cheap..."

4 months later:
One 20h, two 10's and a 3 gallon QT which is stuffed with new plants.

Slug

I may not have as many anymore but I think my actions the past week demonstrate my MTS. I gave away 3 20gals for free.....cleaning out, nice job Slug! The next day I had a brand new tank on my doorstep that I ordered.

Ziabis

I bought 25 MTS and I only have 3 left. So I really don't know how you all say they breed like rabbits. How do I make mine breed?

winglessicarus

Went to Petco for the $1 a gallon sale to get my client a new 10 gallon.

Not only did it NOT cost me $10 but I found a 5.5 gallon there that I've never seen before... Why hello there, new fry tank.

I'm up to: 35 gallon, 29 gallon, 20l gallon, 10 gallon, 10 gallon, 6.6 gallon (which supposedly measure to more than 9 gallons?), 5.5 gallon, two 1 gallons I use more for acclimation and storage stuff.

and of course my 3 "8" gallon tupperware storage containers for QTing.

I got back into this hobby in February

Tsyklon

I've got 5 tanks myself, as stated in my sig link, and a 3 gallon for treating any individual ailments. Although I'm tempted to use it as a shrimp tank... or a fry tank... or a minI aquaculture project...

Gobibaby3677

200 gallon SA cichlid tank.
100 Gallon Haitiensis N 7 juveniles.
55 gallon brakish 2 juvenile Violet Goby.
10 gallon one phantom pleco and one upside down cat.

Ecto

Got 2 tanks
a 2.5 with some MTS and RCS
and a 40 Gallon with a blue gourami, tiger and cherry barbs, danios, and some corys

hopefully I will soon be getting a 6 gallon to house more shrimp~

Graphix

I have 3
1-10 gallon betta tank
1-26 gallon shelldweller/rockdweller tank
2-45 gallon peacock cichlid tank

scotty b

2 55 gallons
3 5 gallons
1 30 gallon
1 20 gallon
1 ten gallon
1 2.5 gallon
1 1 gallon

endlercollector

I got rid of the 45-gal, so it's a little better. 11 tanks running at the moment...

featherblue

2 10 gallon shrimp tanks
5g adf
3g shrimp and minI bumblebee goby
36g ram community
12g sw frag tank
55g reef

77Impala

The four in my signature and I have a 125 gallon pond tank I hope to get going next spring. If I can talk my DW into a 6th tank, I would like that, and it would be a 20 gallon long for a larger ADF community.

Scoutsfish

I have 2 soon to be 3. My parents are the only thing stopping my habit or I would buy a 20 gal and a 55+(saw a 135 gal somewhere near me for $200 other day!! I think I drooled a little thinking of owning it...) would also love a pond...

1 29 gal angel/ram community
1 15 gal betta community
1 10 gal soon to be set up w/ betta
All 3 are planted, 10 will be walstad. I just wish my dad would let me set a tank up at his office..

If Ihad a 20 gal id stock with a dg and cories/tetras or something. A 55 Z would bring livebearers, angels, rams aka large version of my 29 gal. Then one day a cichlid tank...but for now I can't complain to much!!

endlercollector

Scoutsfish said:
I just wish my dad would let me set a tank up at his office..
Offices are prime space for tanks--why else should one work away from home?

Scoutsfish

Haha he's afraid of floods, doesn't want the extra work/$. I even planned a whole stock for a 55+ tank someday though!!!

5thgradeguppyraiser

tropicalfishlover said:
Right now I have 11

two 20 gallons
three 29 gallons
three 55 gallons
two 75 gallons
one 100 gallon
Oh my gosh I'm jealous of you

junebug

Claireputput is the worst; she has 30! lol!

I have 11 if you count tanks under 10 gallons.... which I conveniently don't. I call them betta tanks and "not the same" as a "real tank"

Harlebleondora

<1> 40 gallon community (7x Black neon tetra 7x harlequin rasbora 6x peppered cory 1x bristlenose plec)
<1> 15 gallon (guppy/cherry shrimp breeder)

And 12 gallon quarantine.

ravenlady13

5 gallon ADF tank, 10 gallon fry tank, temporarily empty 20 gallon that will (hopefully) become an all girls livebearer tank if the disinfection process worked, and a 55 gallon for male livebearers. Mind you, I've only been in this since I got the 5 gallon at the beginning of November, 2013, so I may be winning the speed award.

Makena95'GT

One 2,000 gallon pond
One 65 gallon pond
One 50 gallon pond
Two 55 gallons
Two 45 gallons
One 30 gallon
Two 20 gallons
Two 10 gallons
One 15 gallon
One 5.5 gallon
One 1 gallon bowl for plants

So 15 counting ponds. Which I think should count as double

ZakAttack

Uhhh... It took me a couple months to convince the household that a third tank would be an awesome thing. Turns out I was right and now I have a third tank after several heated discussions, lol!

Check it out in my sig below!

Claire Bear

I have a 150 gallon coming tomorrow. It is for the clown loaches and not sure what will go in there with them-a school of some sort. So...
125g African Cichlid tank-zebras, labs, and many others!
90g peaceful community: Killifish, clown loach, panda loach, opaline gourami, panda cory, dwarf cory, xray tetra, blue tetra, dwarf gouramI pair
90g 1-Oscar and 1-Jack Dempsey
75g 1-Flowerhorn
55g blood parrot pair, leopard bush fish pair, GBR pair
55g 5 tiger barbs, young 5 African cichlids-will be a grow out tank for the africans
36g kribensis pair, 3 Butterfly fish, Bolivian Ram pair
20g killifish 3 pair, 1 trio peacock Gudgeon
20g molly trio and babies
20g platy, killifish pair
10g killifish
10g Mexican salamander-aka-axolotl pair (babies about 3 inches each)
10g African Dwarf Frogs (species only)
10 individual tanks with male betta OHM and HM and 1 crowntail
5 individual tanks with female betta OHM, HM, and 1 crowntail
29g community tank at work with molly, killifish, and gourami
Various Mystery snails, assassin snails, bristlenose pleco, and other larger variety pleco
And I probably missed something!
Severe MTS

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom