who has seen a really rare fish at a pet store

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever see a really rare or exotic fish they never saw anywhere else at a fish store. Im just curious, tee hee, cuz lfs and pet stores seem to get that once in a while

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My lfs currently has a Freshwater Stingray! Not really a fish but super cool.... ;D They usually have one or another unusual or expensive fish.

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
wow cool, i was at this familt run fish store about three years ago, and they had this hugs tank with a turkey fish in it. Actually I think this fish is classififed as a exotic animal thats not supposed to be for sale
1.png

ps..i made a new topic about the same by accident so moderators might want to get rid of it

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
nobody else..really?

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
wow thats a lionfish (i think)! they have poisonous spines but they look totally awesome...

nate_n_sab

Reaction score
i got a lfs near me and they have giant circular reef aquarium which holds 2 white tip sharks. pretty cool. not for sale though i don't think. they also have a moray eel, as well as some stingrays, didn't give a species name though, they had just got there and weren't for sale yet

edit: spelling

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When they were first aloud to be sold, the Humphead Glass fish. really neat looking thing that I really wanted but had no room for. :'(
Tom

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Why dont they sell the humphead glass fish anymore..they look small...fish are so cool you could see a different one everyday for the rest of your life
14.jpg

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I keep more strains of guppy here, than are available at any store within a few states area.

Dino

kalika

Valued Member
Reaction score
An LFS near my home that is run by a privately owned store (vs. PetCo or Pet Smart) Has an Arrowanna. It's scary looking but cool.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh yeah my lfs corrently has an Arowana too. He's pretty cool ;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My lfs have pretty much everything between the bunch by me, stingrays, aro's, flounders, nurse sharks, frogfish, lionfish and other rarieties.

hazfish

Reaction score
There is a lfs in Nashville TN that always has freshwater stingrays, aros, redtailed cats, a few sharks, and they have a large reptile room which includes camen.

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
lolagurl said:
Has anyone ever see a really rare or exotic fish they never saw anywhere else at a fish store. Im just curious, tee hee, cuz lfs and pet stores seem to get that once in a while
well i have seen a Silver Arowana and it's not even at full size it's not for sale though and they have a really large catfish about 2 foot i dont no its name its $450:00 australia thats almost 250 us dollars ;D Callum!

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Emma said:
wow thats a lionfish (i think)!  they have poisonous spines but they look totally awesome...
that qoute was 100% right they do have pousinous spikes that is a lion fish and they are awesome ;D Callum!

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hazfish, are you refering to Aquatic Critter?

Great store.

Dino

hazfish

Reaction score
Dino said:
Hazfish, are you refering to Aquatic Critter?

Great store.

Dino
that is the one

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom