Who Has Hamsters?

dinosaur act
It's clening time for my hamster smudge and was just wondering. I know 99% of people who use this forum have an intrest in aquatic life but who has hamsters?

Photos very welcome!

20180325_153440.jpg

20180325_154234.jpg

david1978
We did. I think it was one of the most expensive pets we even had. Poor thing got its leg caught in the cage and broke it. Took it to the vet and he put a cast on it. Of course he chewed up the cast and his leg got infected so back to the vet and he amputated the leg. Didn't seem to bother him though it was a first for the vet.

dinosaur act
Poor little guy, considering their size they are rather reslilant little critters. I once caught her hand then closing the cage once, she was fine tho. Think I paniced more then her then it happend.

Yeah can imagine they don't do to many of them.

JLeeM
I had a hamster years and years ago as a kid. He was just one of the standard golden hamsters everyone sold back then, and his name was Herbie. Little dude lived to be ancient for a hamster though.

-Sofia-
I love hamsters, but I own a pair of Guinea pigs

emmysjj
I had one named Peach (a syrian) about 6 months ago. She was partially disabled because of a fall when she was young (10 feet, long story). She lived in a bin cage w/ Twilight Chinchillas furniture. She had a really high quality diet and was my best friend. She was the first animal I ever did research on and it payed off. I miss her so much, she was around 1.5 years old.

dinosaur act
I had a hamster years and years ago as a kid. He was just one of the standard golden hamsters everyone sold back then, and his name was Herbie. Little dude lived to be ancient for a hamster though.

I did have a look at Syrian hamster but couldn't resist the size of dwarf once. Also cute name.

I love hamsters, but I own a pair of Guinea pigs

Do love a guinea pig, had two myself but the last one died a month before cristmass. She use to climb up on my arm then I put it in the cage what are their names?

Sister ended up buying me smudge for cristmass as didn't know what I wanted. Wasn't to sure at frist as I always remember my brothers one being very very bitey. Haven't had a nip so far tho!

BananaBetta
I have practically always owned hamsters. I have 2 now.

Niki Rose
I've owned everything from hamsters, rats, mice, gerbils and rabbits. Been a while since ive owned any though but I simply don't have the space or time for any more small furry animals. Though I do love them fish take up most of my time anyway, In the future if I ever decide to take down one of my big aquariums i'd love to convert it to keep a different type of animal in.

dinosaur act
I had one named Peach (a syrian) about 6 months ago. She was partially disabled because of a fall when she was young (10 feet, long story). She lived in a bin cage w/ Twilight Chinchillas furniture. She had a really high quality diet and was my best friend. She was the first animal I ever did research on and it payed off. I miss her so much, she was around 1.5 years old.

Darn that's quite a fall! It's horrible them pets die but I guess it is the way of the world.

I have practically always owned hamsters. I have 2 now.

Photos? ☺

Main bits clean, most likely going to be a while befor I work out where she is sleeping.

15219935222781978240771.jpg

-Sofia-
I did have a look at Syrian hamster but couldn't resist the size of dwarf once. Also cute name.

Do love a guinea pig, had two myself but the last one died a month before cristmass. She use to climb up on my arm then I put it in the cage what are their names?

Sister ended up buying me smudge for cristmass as didn't know what I wanted. Wasn't to sure at frist as I always remember my brothers one being very very bitey. Haven't had a nip so far tho!
Their names are Kinder and Ferb, I didn't name either of them because I got them from kijijI separately (a year apart) and they now are the best of friends though!

AbbsQuack
I have a female long haired Syrian named Coco. She is the third Syrian hamster I have had and she has a giant hamster heaven metro cage.
IMG_0833.jpg

dinosaur act
Ohio Mark
My daughter has a black & white Russian hamster named (creatively) Hammie.

emmysjj
Guys! If you haven't seen, Kaytee is coming out with a approprietly sized cage for hamsters! 540 sq inches! It will probably cost a fortune though. Look on Victoria Raechel and Erin Rachels twitter!

Smalltownfishfriend
I had a Russian dwarf hamster.. my mom did not like it.. she thought it looked like a mouse.. so the little guy would find tiny places to squeeze out of his pen.. and he would always go to the same place.. my mom's room.. and sit on her pillow!! Hamster revenge!!!

dinosaur act
I had a Russian dwarf hamster.. my mom did not like it.. she thought it looked like a mouse.. so the little guy would find tiny places to squeeze out of his pen.. and he would always go to the same place.. my mom's room.. and sit on her pillow!! Hamster revenge!!!

He he, at least you new where to look if he wasn't in his cage.

Guys! If you haven't seen, Kaytee is coming out with a approprietly sized cage for hamsters! 540 sq inches! It will probably cost a fortune though. Look on Victoria Raechel and Erin Rachels twitter!

Pain in the butt finding a good size cage, made mine in the end.

emmysjj
I know, all the good ones aren't in the US for me lol

dinosaur act
emmysjjthat's the problem I had too but in the UK.
It's silly some of the cage sizes on sale!

emmysjj
I know! My uncle didn't know any better and got me one of these:

g?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNRmGC3YaRFUxkXGAHm2CPS08-UHGmi2XZZJbREwik-aGi2D6P_DDyte2R8_7wwsTantzVrxs&usqp=CAc.jpg
She lived in there for a few months.

dinosaur act
emmysjjMy sister got me some thing like that too, quite bit a smaller tho. She did make sure tubes could be attached because I told her my plans of attaching it to the diy one.

1522947790681-480985843.jpg

emmysjj
I had one of those too! Was planning an extension but it broke

dinosaur act
I had one of those too! Was planning an extension but it broke

That kind of sucks, did the sliding sort of lid bit go funny? Mines a bit sticky at times if that makes sense.

emmysjj
Yeah! I couldn't put it together. I had this one:
101177._AC_SL1500_V1464807071_.jpg
Along with others, and this one was IMPOSIBLE to put together.

dinosaur act
He he luckly my sister put mine together but she said it took a good hour.

Do think these sort of cages are cool little add on tho, handy for cleaning too

emmysjj
Yeah, and they looked cool too.

Suga
Hamsters are my "main" pet! I've got 7 currently. I know this is a fish forum but I do love browsing the rodent section occasionally.

dinosaur act
Suga the ones in your profile pic look adorable!

Suga
Suga the ones in your profile pic look adorable!

Thank you Those two have passed on, but I still love love love this picture of them.

dinosaur act
Thank you Those two have passed on, but I still love love love this picture of them.

Bless them.

SilverStar
Smudge is a cutie! This is my girl, Ashka

T2Y5Zu9.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Gina08
  • Question
Replies
Views
WrenFeenix