Question Who Else Has Had Detritus Worms On Their Fish?

TheBettaSushi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Not sure if I’m posting this in the correct place but... I’ve been dealing with microscopic detritus worms for months now with no way of eradicating them. I’m pretty sure they came with some Ohko stone I took from my LFS’s established tank and have been battling with it since! I don’t over feed... if anything my betta gets 2-3 pellets or frozen foods a day with one day of fasting (usually when it’s water change/maintenance day ).

Today after a water change, I noticed a ton of them just laying on top of my fish... yup, they’re just literally laying on top of him and not wanting to detach. Has anyone ever experienced this? If you zoom in closer on the photo, you can see them on top of my poor Bettas head. I’ve kept the filter unbaffled in hopes that he’d swim towards the current to get them off of him to no avail. Should I just leave it be or try to remove them to get it off of him?
01237657-F35E-4364-B6DF-68E23287B192.jpeg

Roger121

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
bro , are u sure are detritus worms? my betta eats that kind of worms and idk exactly what it is but the parasites are a possibility coz i never saw de nematodes or planarians on my fish.

TheBettaSushi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
bro , are u sure are detritus worms? my betta eats that kind of worms and idk exactly what it is but the parasites are a possibility coz i never saw de nematodes or planarians on my fish.
I’m 100000000% positive it’s detritus. He eats them all the time when they aren’t on him. This is the second time that he has had them on his body and it happens when I barely have any water flow in the tank which he appreciates so he doesn’t get thrashed around.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom