Who Else Has Discus?

Discussion in 'Discus Fish' started by Discusluv, Apr 14, 2017.

1. D

Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Do you have discus... would love to meet others that do. Here are a few photos of some of my own:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    D

The pics are so large!! You can see every detail at least, even that hard a-- green algae that I need to take a razor blade to. The varieties in this tank: 1 Red Spotted Green, 1 Ring Leopard, 2 Red melon Throwbacks, 2 Alenquer F1's. Thank for looking!

3. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    D

Beautiful discus Discus61. They are very fat and sassy through your care, with great shape!

5. OP
    OP
    D

The black halo is interesting on the Big Red... is it crossed with an Alenquer?

6. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

No cross in Big Red, he is pure as can be and over 7 inches, a true Red Scarlet should have that halo

7. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

Almost! :D Thanks to both of you for your advice, getting ready to join the club :D (gets his meat grinder ready...) lol

8. MokAquariums

MokAquariums Valued Member Member

I recently added substrate to my tank and finished my aquascape. [​IMG]
    I have:
    1 blue snakeskin
    1 golden checkerboard
    1 brilliant turquoise
    1 leopard
    1 red Melon
    1 Red Turq
    3 rose reds

9. OP
    OP
    D

Wow!! Really nice discus... love the look of the Rose Reds . Is that a school of Rummy nose tetras? They are great with discus and very hearty. Where did you get your discus? Thanks for sharing!

10. MokAquariums

Thanks :) That is a school of Rummynose! They are a great little fish. My discus are from Canadian Aquafarm in British Columbia! Being in Canada it's pretty difficult to get a good discus supplier!

11. OP
    OP
    D

I have a slight layer of sand in my tank as well because my Discus spook at their reflection off of the bottom of the glass. No plants, however, they never do well for me and I always end up tearing them out in frustration!! I do have a couple small pieces of driftwood for my Albino long tail and Clown Pleco.

12. OP
    OP
    D

They look great. Were they sold to you as juveniles? How many inches appx?

13. MokAquariums

thank you :) I got them at 3" - 3.5" growing them has been an amazing experience.

14. OP
    OP
    D

Oh!! Fantastic... your doing a great job, Corylover99!

15. Bizarro252

16. MokAquariums

Yes it is a 90 gallon

17. MokAquariums

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    here's some clearer shots of the fish

18. OP
    OP
    D

Beauties!!

19. Bizarro252

Amazing!
    I got my tank set up and added the sponge from my established cichlid tank, as well as stole some seeded (just a few pcs) ceramic biomedia and mixed that in with new stuff and placed it in the AC50 thats on the back.

Dosed a full dose of Seachem stability and added 2.3ml of 10% ammonia (MAN it was hard to find stuff without soaps or smells in it, I guess I see why tho, that stuff REEKS) to get up to a 1ppm concentration - if that is gone tomorrow I am ordering my fish Monday!!! if not I will keep dosing till I get a strong colony going :D

20. Bizarro252

PIC! :D

20170415_165210.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice