Who else has become overwhelmed by the amount of fish they have?

shrimp
My 30 gallon has exploded and I'm starting to feel over whelmed with the amount of fish in it. I have 3 albino cories, 4 pygmy cories and then my community of black bar endlers. 20 adults 12 juveniles and as of today 30-40 fry. It's a super heavy planted tank with Java Moss, water sprite, crowned Java fern, pothos, and anubias. I believe it's time to reduce the endler population as the new fry start growing. I have a 50 gallon pond that I raise fish in in the summer so that will be set up soon. Anyone else fish crazy at the moment?

Ct358545
I have about 35 fish in my planted 40 breeder. It gets crazy sometimes but it's so heavily planted my parameters are always in check so I don't worry about it too much.

Jomolager
Well, Petco dollar a gallon sale is on until May 2. Lol.

Plecomaker
I'm also overwhelmed, as my plecos seem to have let a few slip out. I pnly have 2 tanks, butvat least 5 pleco!

Fashooga
I'm just over whelmed having a kid in the house...

Plecomaker
I'm just over whelmed having a kid in the house...
Ive got a sick 1 home with me noe

bizaliz3
I just recently ordered what was supposed to be 4 cajun dwarf crayfish. The seller sent me 6 and two were pregnant! I was not prepared for that! I am super overwhelmed by it. What if the moms each have like 15 babies!!?? Luckily they are tiny creatures and I had a couple exra little 5 gallon tanks to try and house them the best I can. My by goodness. I have WAY TOO MAY TANKS NOW!!! I am so overwhelmed!

KyleC17
We just set up a third tank for fry. It's starting to get to the point I feel like I spend more time messing with the fish during the weekend than I do relaxing and enjoying some time away from the job lol.

blusshed
I'm only overwhelmed with my 75gal having an algae bloom right now.

This weekend is tank tear down LOL rocks all getting peroxide treatments, filter intakes getting scrubbed, gravel vac, 70% w/c. Plant leaves getting rubbed to get some algae off, and I got a new aquarium glass scrubber so wish me luck. I'm also avoiding my light for a bit. I might have to do a black out if the algae comes back just as quickly as before!

I need more nerite snails... I miss mine so much

Plecomaker
Dang, id give you a baby bn pleco, if you were nearby lol

bizaliz3
I need more nerite snails... I miss mine so much

They are the BEST! I posted a picture that shows 4 stages of the job my nerite snails did on an old decoration of mine. Check it out!

Are you not able to find more nerite snails where you live?

KyleC17
I know this is going to be a mistake as I already feel like I put too much time into my tanks, but I just found a nice 75 gallon tank I may be adding to my list of tanks. If I wasn't overwhelmed before, I will be soon.

blusshed
They are the BEST! I posted a picture that shows 4 stages of the job my nerite snails did on an old decoration of mine. Check it out!

Are you not able to find more nerite snails where you live?

MINE WASNT DEAD HE IS BACK! I knew there was a reason I didn't take him out of my tank with the last w/c! I'm so glad he was just tricking me & I didn't fall for it!

And I think I posted on your thread? But it seems like my LFS and even big stores have not had many snails in at all. Not even mystery snails... I ended up with 1 Olive nerite who I recently thought died, but I kept him in the aquarium for a while longer... Today he is cleaning my rocks. But I think there must be a higher demand than supply for nerites right now...

bizaliz3
MINE WASNT DEAD HE IS BACK! I knew there was a reason I didn't take him out of my tank with the last w/c! I'm so glad he was just tricking me & I didn't fall for it!

And I think I posted on your thread? But it seems like my LFS and even big stores have not had many snails in at all. Not even mystery snails... I ended up with 1 Olive nerite who I recently thought died, but I kept him in the aquarium for a while longer... Today he is cleaning my rocks. But I think there must be a higher demand than supply for nerites right now...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is EXCELLENT news!!! Wooo hoo!!!!

blusshed
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is EXCELLENT news!!! Wooo hoo!!!!

I'm so excited LOL he's such a little cutie! They creep me out but I love them so I can't stay away hahaha!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Debbie1986
Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies
Views
GuppyGuy007
  • Question
Replies