who else can eat blackworms?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by featherblue, Dec 8, 2012.

1. f

featherblue Well Known Member Member

So ive a tupperware in the fridge crawling with black worms to feed my dwarf puffers. They lovecthem, but only eat 6-8 worms a day. The small portion is thousands. Id rather not waste as many as I can (2-4 weeks live refridgerated), so I was considering sharing the wealth around. I'm also starting a daphnia culture next week (gotta vary it up.....worms form breakfast, waterfleas for dinner maybe)

Can I feed live blackworms to my halfmoon Betta? Daphnia? Size of water flea make a difference?

Can I feed my ADFs live blackwirms? Daphnia?

2. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

How large are the worms? You may need to cut them up a little but everybody will love them! Daphnia will probably be too small for the frogs or betta to notice but you can try. Frogs can't chew so they need bite size pieces of the worms.

Sometimes I'll cut up earth worms. Pretty much everything I have goes freakin nuts for them :D

3. OP
    OP
    f

Less than mm wide, 1-5cm long. Cut them a little? Maybe 0.5cm pieces?

4. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

The frogs need to be able to swallow it in one bite. So try to estimate that.

5. OP
    OP
    f

My spoiled boys are gonna love this! Do blackworms count as a treat or nutritious dinner for the frogs? The Betta?

6. OP
    OP
    f

So happy! Baron ate 2 worms, and did a happy Betta lap. I cant see a rummy bulge so I don't thinkni gave time too much

The boys loved their chopped worms. I put a tiny bit of shhrimp innso they knew they was food in the jar. Spot ate 4 pieces and got run over by zorro as he figured out what was going on. I wish this tank wast better positioned for video! 3 of them ate about a worm a piece split into 3-5 pieces

7. JRC3

JRC3 Well Known Member Member

I would try freezing them and see how the DPs like them after they thaw. I think they'll still eat them.

I use those small salad dressing cups with lids to thaw, serve from, and store/refreeze bloodworms and other fishfoods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice