Who can help me to save this bad boy

BettaRio

Hey guys so this is Shiro my older betta fish, as you see he has rotten fin. For this I am using 100 mg of kanaplex per 2.5 gallons, and rising the dose every 48 hours. Right now he is at 300 mg. The thing is that I don't know what are those red areas. I believe is for nitrates but his fish tank is perfect: GH:4,KH:4,pH:7.0 and Nitrates, they always, technically are at almost 50 when I am going to do water change, so it's nitrates are around 10 after the water change and for almost the whole week. If this red spot aren't for nitrates pls could you tell what is it? Thanks in advance. Also, could you tell me if is there is a better way to cure him?

Attachments

• 20210922_220552.jpg
    20210922_220552.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 24

Ghelfaire

A lot of medicines are too strong for bettas. For fin rot larger water changes to keep the water pristine is the best cure.
What are your nitrites and ammonia at?

BettaRio

A lot of medicines are too strong for bettas. For fin rot larger water changes to keep the water pristine is the best cure.
What are your nitrites and ammonia at?
In the quarantine tank 0 amonia and 10 nitrites a believe

Maryellen

I cured some major fin damage on my betta with frequent water changes and LOTS of Indian almond leaves… a lot. I did 20% every other day waterchanges and it took time, but his fins healed beautifully. For the first few weeks I added API stress coat as well, but stopped because I really didn’t see it doing anything, nor did I feel it was necessary. I think keeping a tank clean is the best cure for fin problems, as medications can stress the fish out. i hope your fishy gets better :)

ValkyrieLips

In the quarantine tank 0 amonia and 10 nitrites a believe

10 nitrites would kill him, do you mean nitrates? Clean water is the best medicine for fish truly. Especially when they have minor issues like yours does now his fin are not that bad. Medications should only be used as a last resort and in extreme circumstances imo.

BettaRio

10 nitrites would kill him, do you mean nitrates? Clean water is the best medicine for fish truly. Especially when they have minor issues like yours does now his fin are not that bad. Medications should only be used as a last resort and in extreme circumstances imo.
Lol yeah nitrates around 10
I cured some major fin damage on my betta with frequent water changes and LOTS of Indian almond leaves… a lot. I did 20% every other day waterchanges and it took time, but his fins healed beautifully. For the first few weeks I added API stress coat as well, but stopped because I really didn’t see it doing anything, nor did I feel it was necessary. I think keeping a tank clean is the best cure for fin problems, as medications can stress the fish out. i hope your fishy gets better :)

BettaRio

Hi, again he also has like a black spot and something about that spot like looks like that area is retaining liquid. It is something that I have to worry about? I leaving a picture just in case...

Attachments

• 20210924_145123.jpg
    20210924_145123.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 8

ValkyrieLips

Hi, again he also has like a black spot and something about that spot like looks like that area is retaining liquid. It is something that I have to worry about? I leaving a picture just in case...

It could be the beginning of a color change. A lot of platinum bettas have the marbling gene and often don't stay white.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
blushrimp1
Replies
Views
Motherlovebetta
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views