White Worms In Thank

1. s

sushiroll New Member Member

there used to be a lot of tiny white worms in my fish tank. Now I just see like 10+ white and bigger worms in my tank. Back then I saw 0.2cm ones now one is like 0.7cm. I don’t think it’s a planaria as it’s not that big. Is it common to have this type of worms. I have a bare bottom tank

2. Inno

Inno Valued Member Member

I sometimes see little white worms. I have sand and live plants with great water conditions. I feed a lot of fresh veggies, so I associate it with that. They have never harmed anything to my knowledge.

Still weird tho

I have never seen them in my bare bottom tank.

3. appcontrol

appcontrol Valued Member Member

Here is good article aboit worms, planaria etc. Check it out.

https://www.thesprucepets.com/what-are-these-tiny-white-worms-1378753

4. OP
    OP
    s

The tiny white one is the worm

The tiny white lines are the worms and do you know how can I remove the fuzzy things on my glass? No matter how I clean it, it will always build up

Attached Files:

5. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

Rhabdocoela worms, completely harmless.

6. OP
    OP
    s

Thanks! Do you know the cause of it?

7. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

These are detrius eating nematodes and aren't a problem in your aquarium. In fact, they are beneficial and are snacks for your fish. They come in on live plants.

8. Fahn

Fahn Fishlore VIP Member

They hitchhike on plants. Detritus worms are long and thin, rhabs look like grains of rice. They thrive in fishless environments with shrimp and snails. With fish, chances are they'll almost all be eaten.

9. OP
    OP
    s

Oh my fish kind of have trouble seeing tiny food like this, that’s probably why it didn’t eat the worms.