White “water Spots” On Inside Of Tank

NittanyFin

I have been scrubbing this off each week during my vac/water changes. I seem to be getting these spots on the inside of my aquarium glass. They look like water spots of sorts. Anyone have any clue what these are and how to prevent them from coming back? Sorry about the photo but it was the best I could do.

Attachments

• 39F0F583-5404-4848-AD60-46D0DAAF10D0.jpeg
    39F0F583-5404-4848-AD60-46D0DAAF10D0.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 89

Momgoose56

What are you scrubbing your tank walls with? Is it glass or acrylic? Do you have snails in the tank?

NittanyFin

Water spots are caused by minerals left on a surface after the water dries. What are you scrubbing your tank walls with? Is it glass or acrylic? Do you have snails in the tank?
I’m using a tank brush I bought at a pet store. Pretty standard. It’s an acrylic tank. And yes, I have three nerite snails in this 40 gallon.

It’s not water spots but just look like it.

Momgoose56

I’m using a tank brush I bought at a pet store. Pretty standard. It’s an acrylic tank. And yes, I have three nerite snails in this 40 gallon.
That's what I suspected. Are they leaving eggs on the sides? This looks like egg residue-nerite eggs are almost impossible to remove completely without a razor blade (can't use that on acrylic)

That's what I suspected. Are they leaving eggs on the sides? This looks like egg residue-nerite eggs are almost impossible to remove completely without a razor blade (can't use that on acrylic)
Just scrape the eggs off and over time the residue degrades and can be wiped off.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Beeker
Replies
Views
ams083
Replies
Views
Tony_P
Replies
Views