White unknown disease on my Betta's side

Itsmecherryb

Hi everyone. I have a crowntail in an established tank that started to develop a small white dot under one of his scales. From the side it looked flat but when you look from the back it's raised. I've tried salt, Betta fix, ich cure, and finally erythromycin. The erythromycin helped a little and after the fourth dose and water changes it's gotten bad again. Worse. Now it's a vertical white lumpy line and looks like the scales in front of it is kinda scratchy. This pic was when it wasn't as bad as it is now. I don't know what it is? Also I've not seen evidence of anchor worms
20220727_101101.jpg
20220727_101055.jpg

A201

Looks like a tumor pushing the scales outward. If that's the case medication probably won't help.
If it's a viral tumor, it might diminish in time.

Upvote 0

PeterFishKeepin

Welcome to fishlore :)

Sorry i cant help, is there anything sharp in the tank that could have caused this?? plastic plants, decor, sharp rocks etc???

I had a congo tetra have a small whitish line come out of it's side i thought anchor worm but after a few days it was gone i think it just scratched itself and it was a bit of open flesh flowing around on his side.

Upvote 0

Itsmecherryb

Welcome to fishlore :)

Sorry i cant help, is there anything sharp in the tank that could have caused this?? plastic plants, decor, sharp rocks etc???

I had a congo tetra have a small whitish line come out of it's side i thought anchor worm but after a few days it was gone i think it just scratched itself and it was a bit of open flesh flowing around on his side.
I wondered if it could have been that so I removed the plastic plant, replaced it with a real one, and changed the decor in case it could be something sharp but it's still gotten worse. It's not changed his behavior at all though. Same feisty personality, his fins and tail are getting even longer too. It's been a month at least. Slow at first and then suddenly started to expand.
Looks like a tumor pushing the scales outward. If that's the case medication probably won't help.
If it's a viral tumor, it might diminish in time.
I never thought about a viral tumor! It is curious how the erythromycin helped and then still got worse after. I've never had a Betta with this illness so it's hard for me to understand what to do with it. I can usually rehab the pet store guys that look the worst. He was miserable and then turned into a fantastic, beautiful, and active fish. Even made his little bubble nests. His tail doubled in size. Then this hit? I feel so bad.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Leeloo767
Replies
Views
FoldedCheese
Replies
Views
Fanatic
Replies