White sucker

Discussion in 'Oddball Fish' started by Hans gourami, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Hans gouramiNew MemberMember

Hi I'm new to the site. I have a 55 gallon tank that's currently holding about six fish ( three minnows, a gold barb and two shubunkin goldfish) recently I began thinking about natives and one in particular came to mind. Does anyone know a place where I could get a sucker asides from catching one? Also would it get along with the current fish I have?

2. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to the forum and glad you joined us. Where are you from that you would be catching one? How big does the variety grow in the wild. What are your outside water temps during the year. Sucker Fish is a generic name for lots of different types of fish. Do you know the real name for the fish you're asking about?.. Alison:;hi1

3. OP
    OP
    H

Hans gouramiNew MemberMember

I live in canada where where they are supposedly prominent but I've checked a lot of local areas and haven't found any. Their common name is white sucker but their scientific name is castomus

4. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to Fishlore :)
    According to Fishbase they can get up to 65 cms (25") so would get too big for your tank

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice