White Stuff Spreading Everywhere!

Missy71

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CDF23339-4430-44C2-AEC1-328E7EB37381.jpeg
CDF23339-4430-44C2-AEC1-328E7EB37381.jpeg
12F676CD-3590-4686-B52E-FCD004FBA8FC.jpeg
Happy Sunday everyone! I have some strange white stuff growing in my glass and now on the plants. It is not fluffy and I have never seen anything like it...any suggestions? I have sand and many plants. Red and blue Columbia’s tetra, Black shirt tetras and a dwarf gourami. Also bumble bee catfish..38 gallon aquarium. I have been using flourish advance and all of my test numbers are good.

Missy71

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The talk was set up in December. I have a MArineland 200 bio wheel filter. I have purigen in the filter along with the carbon filter. I used the flourish advance for 5 days straight now only every few days. I do water change every 2 weeks and vacuum every week. Plants are growing well and fish seem happy. I also have an air filter with a bubble wall.

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don't want to lay blame but I got that stuff from Advance and quit using it. Others have used it with great success.

Try removing it manually and see if it returns with your current routine. If it does cut out Advance and try again.

Confused_Penguin

Reaction score
Are these white stuff just floating in the water or attaching itself to the glass? And do you see them "moving" from one side of the glass to the other or something? Like a worm? The camera hasn't really focused on it. I'm thinking planaria but i'm not too sure. If you research images on google it kind of looks like your tank but again I'm not too sure.

Missy71

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Confused_Penguin said:
Are these white stuff just floating in the water or attaching itself to the glass? And do you see them "moving" from one side of the glass to the other or something? Like a worm? The camera hasn't really focused on it. I'm thinking planaria but i'm not too sure. If you research images on google it kind of looks like your tank but again I'm not too sure.
The white stuff is just stuck to the glass. It’s not fluffy... very strange! I will look that up. Thank you!

Missy71 said:
The white stuff is just stuck to the glass. It’s not fluffy... very strange! I will look that up. Thank you!
And sorry it does not move either just spreads.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom